Processing time for OCI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Processing time for OCI

Any idea on the processing time for OCI with VFS. Please post dates if you have received OCI.

VFS just started processing applications in November. And there is a some delay involved due to Covid. I don't think there's any one who has received OCI through VFS yet.

I had done OCI through CKGS and I had got my OCI card within a 45 days but that was pre-Covid.

Originally posted by prad47 View Post
    Any idea on the processing time for OCI with VFS. Please post dates if you have received OCI.

Comment

My wife's application took 2 weeks to get acknowledged and another week after that for passport to be returned post-verification. Since OCI cards have to be printed in Delhi, I am expecting it take another 6-8 weeks before the card arrives. So, best case is to plan for 10-12 weeks for the whole process.

Comment

Hi ,

I am planning to apply OCI card for US born daughter from chennai. She valid visa for next 100 days and what is the processing time for OCI card?

Also can any share the experience who applied recently?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Moh88 View Post
          Hi ,

I am planning to apply OCI card for US born daughter from chennai. She valid visa for next 100 days and what is the processing time for OCI card?

Also can any share the experience who applied recently?

Thanks
          OCI. ard usually takes no more than 2 months. Mine in the US took 25 days

Comment

Is there any benefit of applying in person for the OCI than mailing ?

I need to apply OCI for my infant and i wanted to understand if timelines improve if applying in person.

Comment

Originally posted by humbled View Post
              Is there any benefit of applying in person for the OCI than mailing ?

I need to apply OCI for my infant and i wanted to understand if timelines improve if applying in person.
              By Mail only. No in person appts due to COVID.

Comment

Hi All - Is there a website where we can track the complete OCI progress status from the day we apply, Current OCI status tracking website is very poor and doesn't give much information on case progress History and status.

Comment

Originally posted by Jot18 View Post

By Mail only. No in person appts due to COVID.
                  Thank you for the response and guidance ! appreciate it.

Comment

Hey guys, applied through the VFS consulate in SF by mail. The tracker says invalid inputs when I ask it . Do you input the VFS ref number or Govt Ref number? Also I did not send them 2 return envelopes. What should I do about the passport? Should I pay them extra?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X