Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFS asking to reupload photo for OCI application

Hi everyone,

I submitted my OCI application to VFS a few weeks ago and they put my application on hold giving the following reason:
    1. Photograph : Uploaded photo doesn't meet specifications. Please re-upload photo (visit website for details).
    I made sure to follow the exact requirements for the photo and even called to ask what is wrong with the photo, he just directed me to look at the checklist instructions. He did not give a direct answer (what a waste of money to call for). He did say the photo should be uploaded through VFS site, but I don't see it anywhere in the checklist instructions or the site where to reupload

Does anyone here know where to reupload the photograph?

Greatly appreciate the help!

Had this problem once with my son's applications. They are very particular about making sure that the head is totally visible and is on a white background. I sort of used a home made passport photo, and they rejected it. Then I took a photograph at Walgreens and sent that, which seemed to be meet their specifications.

Comment

Originally posted by kiranboda View Post
      Had this problem once with my son's applications. They are very particular about making sure that the head is totally visible and is on a white background. I sort of used a home made passport photo, and they rejected it. Then I took a photograph at Walgreens and sent that, which seemed to be meet their specifications.
      Thanks for your reply!

I actually took the photo at Walgreens and they still rejected it. I am not sure why now

Comment

Try walmart. My pics from walmart were never rejected by anyone. They charge like $7.44+tax.

Comment

singh_2000 - Did u ask VFS to explain the reason for rejection. As far as I know, Walgreens passport Photos are always accepted anywhere where passport photos are needed. Tell them that you got them at Walgreens so you need to know what is wrong. As this was out of your control.

Comment

So when the government website auto-generates the entire application, you can see on this application form the passport-size photo and the signature that you uploaded earlier. Do we have to just print this form and send it along with the relevant documents or do we also have to send in 2 passport size photographs along with the application? Or do we have to affix the passport size photograph on this application?

Comment

Originally posted by chiragthewise View Post
              So when the government website auto-generates the entire application, you can see on this application form the passport-size photo and the signature that you uploaded earlier. Do we have to just print this form and send it along with the relevant documents or do we also have to send in 2 passport size photographs along with the application? Or do we have to affix the passport size photograph on this application?
              You will upload a pic that must be same as the 2 PP size. The application will print one and you must send 2 PP photos with the application and don't affix it to anything. You print the application and send it along with the docs.

Comment

Do we need to redo the notary or just upload photos in the site get an updated application to send that along with photos?

Comment

Originally posted by anandpraveen View Post
                  Do we need to redo the notary or just upload photos in the site get an updated application to send that along with photos?
                  Did you end up sending complete updated application with notary or just the photo page of the application anandpraveen

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X