OCI Guide(Updated 15th Dec 2020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI Guide(Updated 15th Dec 2020)

This is a guide for OCI application process.

Step 1: Complete the basic questionnaire on this Link for OCI. After completing the questionnaire, it will show you the fees and click proceed. Then it will ask you to make an account for VFS website. After creating the account, check your email and activate the account. After activating the account, you are done with VFS.

Step 2: Go ahead and fill out the application on this Link. After you are done with application, review it then click submit. After that, it will ask you to upload a digital photo and signature. Click “Yes I am ready with the image.” The passport size photo that you will be sending with application must be uploaded here at this step. Also sign your name on a blank piece of paper and scan that as well and upload it at this step. Make sure to crop the signature so its fits in the box. Then, click “I have uploaded successfully” and proceed to complete the questionnaire by clicking “Proceed to Part-B”.

Step 3: After completing the questionnaire, click “Submit” and it will take you to a page where you must upload the mandatory documents in a pdf format. After you are done uploading click “Final Submit” and click “Generate Registration” and save that pdf.

Step 4: Go back to VFS website and Login. After logging in, Click “Create New Application” and fill out the form. I strongly recommend using online payment as its instant but it does come with a 3.5% charge. Then click “Add Customer” and fill out the form and submit. OCI Govt Reference Number was given at the end of the OCI application. Then Select the shipping method. I recommend VFS offered courier service as you’ll get the labels right away. Go ahead and put your address on the next page and pay the fees.

Step 5: After paying the fees, you will be given a checklist and receipt number. Make sure you print out the whole document which should be around 7 pages. Read through the checklist thoroughly and sign it then mail your application.

You must apply for renunciation of Indian Citizenship prior to filling out your OCI application.

Note: Do not affix any photos on the application. Just send 2 passport size photos with the application. Do not forget to include a prepaid label or $15 money order/cashier check for the return of your US Passport.

I hope I cleared all the confusions. If there is anything else that someone would like to add please post below
    Last edited by Jot18; 12-16-2020, 12:25 AM.

Thanks for posting this ..Could you also post the renunciation process as per VFS new .

Comment

Originally posted by thil View Post
      Thanks for posting this ..Could you also post the renunciation process as per VFS new .
      I can try next year as I am busy with work due to Christmas. If you have any questions I'll be more than happy to help. Just lemme know.

Comment

Originally posted by Jot18 View Post

I can try next year as I am busy with work due to Christmas. If you have any questions I'll be more than happy to help. Just lemme know.
        I just got the Naturalization Certificate and applied for US Passport . While I am awaiting for the Passport to come ,getting prepared for the next steps of renunciation and OCI.
        I heard that we can apply for both renunciation and OCI together but not able to find such option in the new VFS site .

if you can post with process details and timeline it took for the intermediate steps that will be help

Comment

Originally posted by thil View Post

I just got the Naturalization Certificate and applied for US Passport . While I am awaiting for the Passport to come ,getting prepared for the next steps of renunciation and OCI.
          I heard that we can apply for both renunciation and OCI together but not able to find such option in the new VFS site .

if you can post with process details and timeline it took for the intermediate steps that will be help
          You were able to apply for visa & renunciation together. Visas are suspended at the moment. In order to apply for OCI, you have to apply for renunciation first then you can apply for OCI

Comment

thil With CKGS earlier, u could do combo renunciation and OCI application. But VFS hasn't done that.

Comment

Originally posted by Donald_Trump View Post
              thil With CKGS earlier, u could do combo renunciation and OCI application. But VFS hasn't done that.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	20201217_105439.jpg
Views:	2076
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	749478

Comment

Jot18 - These are updated instructions on CKGS. I have already done combo application for renunciation and OCI earlier with CKGS without issues.

Originally posted by Jot18 View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201217_105439.jpg
Views:	2076
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	749478

Comment

Thanks all for the clarification.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}