Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surrender and Renunciation of Indian Citizenship Guide(Updated 25th Dec 2020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surrender and Renunciation of Indian Citizenship Guide(Updated 25th Dec 2020)

This is a guide on surrendering your Indian Passport after becoming naturalized US Citizen.

Step 1: register. After signing up check your email and activate your account and proceed to login.

Step 2: After you have logged in click on the link where it says “Apply for Surrender of Indian Passport - Application for Passport Surrender Certificate After Acquiring Foreign Nationality/Renunciation of Indian Citizenship”, and fill the form. After completing and form, check for corrections and click validate. Then click home and the form will appear on the home page. Print that form.

Step 3: Create an account on VFS website . After you have logged in click “Create a new application” and fill out the form. After click proceed, you will have to fill out another form. ARN # is the number you should have got after completing the surrender passport application on govt of India website. I can’t go beyond this step, but I think after paying the fees you are given a checklist to mail with your application and a receipt for your payment. All the different type of checklists required
    under the documents required tab.

Note: There is one more additional form that you must fill out based on your checklist. Do not forget to include that. The form can found on the same page as the checklist. Read the checklist thoroughly before mailing.

I hope I cleared all the confusions. If there is anything else that someone would like to add please post below.
    Last edited by Jot18; 12-25-2020, 07:29 PM.

This is very concise post for renunciation. However, passport seva link for registration doesn't register my details for unknown reason and I never got any email for activating my account. Very unfortunate but I will keep trying tomorrow. Does anybody have the same problem? I need to have my ARN number before I fill out VFS form, so I am kinda stuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Covid-free deshi View Post
      This is very concise post for renunciation. However, passport seva link for registration doesn't register my details for unknown reason and I never got any email for activating my account. Very unfortunate but I will keep trying tomorrow. Does anybody have the same problem? I need to have my ARN number before I fill out VFS form, so I am kinda stuck.
      Are you using a legit email? Because I tried with a fa-ke mail generator and I never got the link. As soon as I used a real email, I got it right away. It is possible that their website has issues.

Comment

Need help: when I go to passport seva site and follow the process of surrendering of indian passport, first thing it asks for is passport details (I am assuming indian passport details), but i have lost my indian passport so not sure how to finish this process so i can get ARN number to continue with my VFS form.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X