OCI Self attestation of documents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI Self attestation of documents

Does any one know what documents need to be self-attested for a new OCI application?

OCI site did not say uploaded documents need to be self attested. But VFS Checklist is asking for self attestation of documents before uploading to OCI site.

Also, the checklist only says the documents uploaded need to be self attested but is silent on what to do with the copies to send with the application.

This would mean make 2 photocopies - attest 1 set upload, 2nd set include with the application.

This is very confusing.

I didn't self attest documents that were uploaded to govt site. (I scanned original and uploaded). I only self attested the copies sent to VFS. And this attestation is not too important. Applicants who haven't self attested have not faced any issue. So don't worry about self attestation much.

Comment

I didn't self-attest either and didn't have any issues with OCI. It felt very weird to me to self-attesting my own documents

Comment

Hi everyone,

I am in the process of submitting New OCI application. I would like clarification on whether I need to upload self- attested copies of mandatory and additional documents. This part is confusing for me. Currently, I have uploaded scanned pdf of the originals. I have self-attested copies of the documents that I plan to send in physical package. But it’s not clear to me if I need to upload self-attested copies in the portal. Any clarification from the recent OCI applicants would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help!​

Comment

anandibs: May I please know if you have got answer for your query and successful with OCI application? If so, could you please share the details - as I'm also in the same boat as you. Appreciate your advice, thanks.

Comment

Hi sekarp04, I have similar query, did you get the answer to your question? Also, what's your number, we can sync-up offline as well since I am also planning to submit my application this week. Thanks.

Comment

For submitting the copy of the Current Passport, do we need to submit all the pages or only the Information Page and last 2 Pages, please confirm ?

Comment

Originally posted by guptatarun22 View Post
                For submitting the copy of the Current Passport, do we need to submit all the pages or only the Information Page and last 2 Pages, please confirm ?
                The document checklist is always a good place to look for this. It is mentioned clearly here --> https://services.vfsglobal.com/one-p...er-(adult).pdf

Comment

Originally posted by anandibs View Post
                  Hi everyone,

I am in the process of submitting New OCI application. I would like clarification on whether I need to upload self- attested copies of mandatory and additional documents. This part is confusing for me. Currently, I have uploaded scanned pdf of the originals. I have self-attested copies of the documents that I plan to send in physical package. But it’s not clear to me if I need to upload self-attested copies in the portal. Any clarification from the recent OCI applicants would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help!​
                  >> uploaded scanned pdf of the originals. I have self-attested copies of the documents that I plan to send in physical package
                  I did the same, and the OCI was processed and delivered on time.

Comment

Originally posted by guptatarun22 View Post
                    Hi sekarp04, I have similar query, did you get the answer to your question? Also, what's your number, we can sync-up offline as well since I am also planning to submit my application this week. Thanks.
                    Hi, I have uploaded scanned pdf of the originals. I have self-attested copies of the documents and sent in physical package today.

Comment

sekarp04 Liberty48 were your unattested scanned pdfs of originals uploaded to the govt site accepted? Also, how does one self attest? Thanks..
                      Last edited by vk60564; 08-22-2024, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vk60564 View Post
                        sekarp04 Liberty48 were your unattested scanned pdfs of originals uploaded to the govt site accepted? Also, how does one self attest? Thanks..
                        I didn't self attest the scanned files uploaded to the govt website.

Here is how I did it. Scanned all documents for the online application and uploaded them at the end when I had to. Printed them along with other self-declaration and documents to be notarized. Self attested the copies of all documents, completed the forms/documents as per checklist, got notarized those that had to be notarized, and arranged the documents in the order listed in the checklist, and sent them to VFS.​

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X