OCI Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jot18 View Post
    Donald_Trump & sinnerman26 Did you get tracking number from fedex delivery manager? Because I got the email y'day that it'll be dispatched in 24-48 hours but haven't got any tracking number on delivery manager.
    ​​​
    Just signed up for Fedex delivery manager lol. Will wait for sometime to see if I get any alerts.

Comment

Originally posted by Donald_Trump View Post

Just signed up for Fedex delivery manager lol. Will wait for sometime to see if I get any alerts.
      They just emailed me stating provide a ups return label or proof of payment for third party courier. They are so unorganized. Good thing was I took a photo and sent that. I hope they send it today.

Comment

Jot18 Great job keeping a photo of proof of payment. They recently updated the process to pre-pay for $30 courier for two return packages - one of US passport and one for OCI return. Unluckily, we are amongst the first few guinea pigs to try this new VFS process Hope your ordeal ends soon.

Comment

Originally posted by sinnerman26 View Post
          I got my OCI card from VFS today! Glad that finally the ordeal is over. Consulate dispatched to VFS on 02/01/2021, VFS dispatched it the same day overnight using the fedex label that was paid for. Pleasantly surprised by the smooth order of operation by both VFS and Government.

I'd like to thank the members (special shoutout to Donald_Trump Jot18 @kiranboda) here who have been active and sharing their experience and providing tips! This is a great community and makes dealing with this mess a lot easier.
          Congratulations sinnerman26 SFO is just slammed and terribly slow. Which consulate was yours at?

Comment

Originally posted by kiranboda View Post

Congratulations sinnerman26 SFO is just slammed and terribly slow. Which consulate was yours at?
            Sinnerman26 is Chicago. Mine was Houston. Both of these have reasonable processing times.

Comment

Just got the OCI card. Took just over a month.

Comment

Originally posted by kiranboda View Post

thank you! mine was chicago consulate.

Comment

Just got the OCI card. Took just over a month.
                  congratulations!!

Comment

i did receive a notification since i had registered previously. vfs also sent a text message notifying me that the item is "ready for pickup/will be dispatched". Since in person pickup is not available, this notification means they have dispatched it.

Comment

Just received my OCI today!

Comment

Originally posted by Jot18 View Post
                        Just received my OCI today!
                        congratulations!! happy for you!

Comment

I mailed my OCI Application on Feb 6.and it got delivered on Feb 9.VFS Acknowledged on Feb 10 and updated the status to "You application is under process at the VFS Centre" today (Feb 15).
                          What are the potential next status progress until we get the OCI . Can some one update please .

Comment

Originally posted by thil View Post
                            I mailed my OCI Application on Feb 6.and it got delivered on Feb 9.VFS Acknowledged on Feb 10 and updated the status to "You application is under process at the VFS Centre" today (Feb 15).
                            What are the potential next status progress until we get the OCI . Can some one update please .
                            After you get that email then your application is checked for completeness and then forwarded to embassy. After that your OCI card is printed in Delhi and mailed to consulate in USA. Then it is handed over to VFS and mailed to applicant. After your application reaches consulate, then you need to check oci govt website for tracking and check whether it got printed or not.

Comment

Expect your OCI card by 2nd week of March at the earliest.

Originally posted by thil View Post

Comment

Question to all who got the OCI already . will the US Passport have a VISA stamp for multiple india entry or will that be blank as we sent and only with the OCI we will be able to enter india?.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X