No announcement yet.

Place of Birth and place of Issue Question after completing the OCI application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Place of Birth and place of Issue Question after completing the OCI application

Hello All,

I just completed filling my online application and I realized that the place of birth doesn't match with my passport (I entered City, State and Country) where as in my US passport they only printed Country. Do I need to fix this before sending my application?
    Also, for Place of Issue - I just entered USA. Is this correct?
    -- for notarization of passport copy - do we need to notarize just the information page (picture and other details page) and 2 endorsements pages? please let me know.

Any help is greatly appreciated. TIA

Originally posted by greeshma View Post
    Hello All,

I just completed filling my online application and I realized that the place of birth doesn't match with my passport (I entered City, State and Country) where as in my US passport they only printed Country. Do I need to fix this before sending my application?
    -- for notarization of passport copy - do we need to notarize just the information page (picture and other details page) and 2 endorsements pages? please let me know.

I think you should start over since you haven't mailed yet because I don't think you can edit it after the fact. Place of birth should match US Passport exactly. So if it says "India" you put just "India." For Place of Issue you should put USDOS (abbreviation for US Dept of State). I notarized all 3 pages (info page and 2 endorsement pages) just to be safe but you may get by with just the information page. Good luck.

Comment

Hello All,

When I did my application I listed my place of birth as it was listed in Indian PP. US PP just lists country. Even though they listed what to state for place of issue I had wrote San Francisco and it was accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by pateljr5 View Post

I think you should start over since you haven't mailed yet because I don't think you can edit it after the fact. Place of birth should match US Passport exactly. So if it says "India" you put just "India." For Place of Issue you should put USDOS (abbreviation for US Dept of State). I notarized all 3 pages (info page and 2 endorsement pages) just to be safe but you may get by with just the information page. Good luck.
        Thank you for your response. I just realized they ask you to enter City,State and Country of birth in the application and in the US passport they only print USA. However, I just realized I didnt enter my mother's last name in the application and its in my Indian passport

Comment

Originally posted by Jot18 View Post

When I did my application I listed my place of birth as it was listed in Indian PP. US PP just lists country. Even though they listed what to state for place of issue I had wrote San Francisco and it was accepted.
          Thank you. Makes sense.

Comment

Thank you for your response. I just realized they ask you to enter City,State and Country of birth in the application and in the US passport they only print USA. However, I just realized I didnt enter my mother's last name in the application and its in my Indian passport
            Also, I forgot to mention that I already paid the required fees for processing, and wondering if I start a fresh application, how to tie both Reference #s, since I will have a new ref#? Please help

Comment

Also, I forgot to mention that I already paid the required fees for processing, and wondering if I start a fresh application, how to tie both Reference #s, since I will have a new ref#? Please help
              I think you can get a refund from VFS and start whole process over. As for birth place, in the "Country of Birth" and "State of Birth" use the drop down menus and pick the ones where you were born. But, in the "Place of Birth" field put exactly what is written in your US passport. So if you were born in Baroda, Gujarat, India. You would select India for Country. Gujarat for State. And write "India" for Place of Birth.

Comment

Don't have to change. Even I entered city, state and country as in my Indian passport.
                I got my OCI

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X