No announcement yet.

what is the latest Document Checklist for OCI for minor child born in the US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the latest Document Checklist for OCI for minor child born in the US

I am applying for OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) for a minor child. I see 2 different checklists on VFS website for "New OCI for Minor".
    • One of them requires us to send the Original US Passport, whereas the other just needs us to send a self-attested copy of the passport.
    • Both are titled NEW OCI Checklist - For MINOR.

How are we supposed to know which instruction to follow? There is no versioning or date in the checklist to find out which is really the latest. Links to the two checklists:

https://www.vfsglobal.com/one-pager/...inor-final.pdf
    https://visa.vfsglobal.com/one-pager...-checklist.pdf

I have posted a query on the VFS website, but have not heard back on that yet. Wondering if anyone has applied for it recently and can help.

VFS has a typo in the response to submitting the query on their website. Here is what it says:
    Request Submited successfully. Your Reference No. xxxx
    Last edited by jaink; 06-04-2021, 01:32 PM.

I got this reply from VFS Global. As per that we just need to enclose the Self attested photocopy of the US Passport.

Please let me know if anyone has any other information to share.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting the VFS Indian Visa, Passport & OCI Application Center Help Desk in the United States.

We understand that you have a query in regards to the document checklist.

As per the latest update for New OCI you need to enclose the Self attest photocopy of a US Passport.

Please refer the below link to get the clarity on document checklist: https://services.vfsglobal.com/one-p...inor-final.pdf

In case of any further assistance, please feel free to reply to the same email or call us on + 1800 320 9693 and we will be glad to assist you.

Best Regards,

<VFS Representative's Name>

VFS Indian Consular application Centre – United States of America

VFS GLOBAL
    Last edited by jaink; 06-04-2021, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Thanks jaink. This is helpful for me. Hope you have received OCI for your baby. I am preparing all docs required for minor OCI. Can you please let me know if either father or mother's address proof is sufficient as PROOF OF ADDRESS or do I need to provide both parent's address proof? Any information would be helpful. Also do I need to notarize the address proof? Thanks again.

Comment

Thanks for this post jaink. I wanted to know what did you end up doing ? You have posted the response you got from VFS customer service, but I am not clear on the timeline about when you received this response.

The requirements keep changing, and it would be great if you could ell us whether you sent the self attested passport copies, and whether that worked ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X