No announcement yet.

Reg father's and mother's name sequence change in passport renewal application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reg father's and mother's name sequence change in passport renewal application

Hi Team,

I am in process of submitting passport renewal application in Washington DC center wherein I observed that my father's and mother's name printed on current holding passport is in sequence of -
    <Last name> <Given name>.

I have kept the same name(as per the current holding passport) in VFS website

While filling the details in Government site for NRI passport form (https://portal4.passportindia.gov.in/), it's specifically asking for given name and surname for father's and mother's name.
    Due to which sequence is getting changed on passport preview page and it is in below format-
    <Given name> <Last name>.

Kindly advise if it's OK to continue with this OR do we have alternatives for the same.
    I would be grateful for your prompt response.

Another query while selecting passport category, I had in NRI passport application, I have selected Re-issue category - Do I have to opt for change in particulars and specify the details about parent name sequence change?

Thank you.

Regards,
    Hrishi.

Hello Hrishi,

I'm also in the same situation ? Did you resolved the parents Last name and Given name issue in the passport. Have you corrected the parents Given name and last name in the NRI passport form ? And selected parents name sequence change ? What documents need to be submitted as proofs for parents name?

Thanks
    Venkat​

Comment

Originally posted by bvenkat4u View Post
      Hello Hrishi,

I'm also in the same situation ? Did you resolved the parents Last name and Given name issue in the passport. Have you corrected the parents Given name and last name in the NRI passport form ? And selected parents name sequence change ? What documents need to be submitted as proofs for parents name?

Thanks
      Venkat​
      Hi Venkat, how did you go about this issue ? could you please share your experience. thank you.

Comment

Hi Hrishi - what did you do for this issue?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X