No announcement yet.

OCI information update for new US passport for child under 20 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am in the same boat as many others. We have applied for updating daughter's OCI with new passport information. Additionally we have also applied to update our address in the system since whole family has moved. Application was submitted on 09/26 and status says application has been acknowledged by competent authorities. What I am puzzled about is that regarding the address change, the information upload section did not ask for any address proof. It only asked to re-upload our passport again. Has anybody changed their address using the Misc service and experienced the same?

Comment

Originally posted by morpheus3122 View Post
      I am in the same boat as many others. We have applied for updating daughter's OCI with new passport information. Additionally we have also applied to update our address in the system since whole family has moved. Application was submitted on 09/26 and status says application has been acknowledged by competent authorities. What I am puzzled about is that regarding the address change, the information upload section did not ask for any address proof. It only asked to re-upload our passport again. Has anybody changed their address using the Misc service and experienced the same?
      We are in the same situation. For the minor, updated the new passport information and timeline is as follows:

07-Sep: Submitted online and uploaded copy of new passport. "Your application is yet to be acknowledged by competent authorities."
      21-Sep: Acknowledged. "Your application has been acknowledged by competent authorities. It is under consideration."
      21-Oct: Completed. "Your details have been updated in OCI records."

Updated our address using the Misc service for our OCI, and it is still not complete. Submitted address change online (didn't ask for any proof of new address) on 07-Sep. Gave a File Reference Number (FRN) and the message "Your request has been successfully submitted." When I checked the following week, it didn't show any status for the FRN. I thought maybe it didn't get submitted properly or I missed something, so tried to submit another request. But when I went into the Misc section for the oci-passport combination, it was showing the address change request as pending. So I left it like that and didn't submit any new application.

Checked last week and it now shows a status and says "Your address updation application has been acknowledged by competent authorities. It is under consideration."

So, I guess they are just really slow with it.

Comment

Hi,

I had wrong U.S Passport issue date on my issue card. action says " in process". Also I don't know if I have to MAIL the documents or not? How did you guys pay for the miscellaneous service?
        it says: Submitted online and uploaded copy of new passport. "Your application is yet to be acknowledged by competent authorities.
        I am not sure what to do. Can some please advise?

Click image for larger version

Name:	oci M.png
Views:	2950
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	773249

Comment

Status says "PENDING" for Address Updation since 10/4. It still says "Your address updation application has been acknowledged by competent authorities. It is under consideration." How long has it been taking recently for approval? Anyone?

Comment

Ours has been pending for address and passport number updation since 9/29. Still no movement. Last I checked - it was taking 1.5 months, and I have already crossed that point. Fingers crossed. I am supposed to travel to India on Dec 10.

Comment

Ours has been pending for address and passport number updation since 9/29. Still no movement. Last I checked - it was taking 1.5 months, and I have already crossed that point. Fingers crossed. I am supposed to travel to India on Dec 10.
              DO NOT WORRY!!!

According to the following release, There will be no restriction on the OCI cardholder to travel to/ from India during the period from the date of issue of new passport till the date of final acknowledgement of his/ her documents in the web-based system.

https://www.mha.gov.in/sites/default...16042021_1.pdf

Just carry both your old and new passport along with your OCI, and you should be good. This is what I am planning to do for my 12/16 trip.

Comment

I submitted the address change on 07-Sep, and after showing pending for a long time, it was finally updated last week.
                Got this in email on 12-Nov - "Dear arkaa, Your address has been updated in OCI Card."

Passport change for my minor kid was submitted on 07-Sep and was updated on 21-Oct.

Comment

@morpheus3122 any updates?

Comment

jac2005 Did you upload a different picture from the kids new passport or same? I had renewed my kids passport in 2020 so I do have photos from then. I do hope I can upload that one. Also please let me know where did you upload the miscellaneous docs in the oci website or vfs? Thanks a lot!

Comment

We applied at the DC center and uploaded everything for us and our 17 year old on Dec-05, 2021. Still nothing. Not even an acknowledgement. I have been able to talk to the Atlanta people and the NY embassy people without trouble on behalf my family people who need help. I have never been able to get anyone to talk to me on the DC Embassy side. I have left 3 voice mails (2 for an update of the status) and one for help with my daughter's application. They do not even reply to their voice mails.
                      If you check twitter, they say to send email to [email protected]. Did that Sunday night. Its been 3 business days since. NO REPLIES either.

It seems the DC Embassy is the most incompetent embassy. In the past year, due to a family death, I have had to deal with both ATL and NY embassies to arrange for visas and I had no trouble with getting a call back.NOTHING out of DC. Sheer incompetence.

No wonder the status says "Your application is yet to be acknowledged by competent authorities." Clearly, they're all incompetent over there.

Comment

Originally posted by jac2005 View Post
                        My son's OCI application is now complete. I received an email just a few mins ago that,

This refers to application bearing MHA file No. USASxxxxxxx for uploading of documents in connection with your OCI Card No. Axxxxxxx. Updated details including your new passport number xxxxxxxxxx have been taken on record.

This is an auto-generated email and reply to this mail-id is not monitored.

Regards,
                        Team-OCI

On the OCI Enquiry status page the status now reads,

Current Status: Your details have been updated in OCI records.
                        Previous Status: Your application has been acknowledged by competent authorities. It is under consideration.
                        Previous Status: Your application is yet to be acknowledged by competent authorities.

So hope you guys are right around the corner too!

For reference: Applied Jul 26, Updated Sep 2

Thanks!!
                        Thanks for all the information.
                        Quick question, did you get a new OCI for your son with the new photo and thumb print you had uploaded to .gov website?
                        I am currently under the process of getting renewed OCI for my 5 year old son after getting a new passport.

Comment

Originally posted by jjones7 View Post
                          Quick question, did you get a new OCI for your son with the new photo and thumb print you had uploaded to .gov website?
                          I am currently under the process of getting renewed OCI for my 5 year old son after getting a new passport.
                          No, you do not get a new OCI for online update of Passport details.
                          If you need or want a new OCI for change in appearance (i.e. new photo) then you need to pay the fee and apply for a re-issue. But it is not needed, as the OCI will be valid till the child is 20 years old, and the passport will have the updated photo.

Comment

Originally posted by arkaa View Post

No, you do not get a new OCI for online update of Passport details.
                            If you need or want a new OCI for change in appearance (i.e. new photo) then you need to pay the fee and apply for a re-issue. But it is not needed, as the OCI will be valid till the child is 20 years old, and the passport will have the updated photo.
                            Thank you for the information.

Comment

I had submitted OCI Misc renewal application for my Son (new passport on turning 5) on Nov14th. Sometime in December the status was updated to "application acknowledged and under consideration". But since then (its been 3.5 months), no update. What should I do? Please suggest. Thanks a lot.

Comment

i applied end of Jan 2022 and still waiting. Any recent timelines for this process?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X