OCI information update for new US passport for child under 20 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by await_gc View Post
    i applied end of Jan 2022 and still waiting. Any recent timelines for this process?
    This is ridiculous. I just applied early this month and was happy the process was easy but what's taking so long to even acknowledge application, let alone process it.

Comment

Latest timeline (in my case):

17 Apr 2022 - Submitted online form to update new passport details
      31 May 2022 - Received notification that system is updated with passport details

Comment

Originally posted by mwoody View Post

DO NOT WORRY!!!

According to the following release, There will be no restriction on the OCI cardholder to travel to/ from India during the period from the date of issue of new passport till the date of final acknowledgement of his/ her documents in the web-based system.

https://www.mha.gov.in/sites/default...16042021_1.pdf

Just carry both your old and new passport along with your OCI, and you should be good. This is what I am planning to do for my 12/16 trip.
        Hello,

I am in same boat. They accepted on 12/16. It is still under consideration. Haven't got any acknowledgement email yet. Will be flying to India on 2/8, should i just carry old and new passport with OCI card for my daughter will be ok? Can you share your experience what happened with you? Thanks.

Comment

Hello,
          Those of you who have renewed your kid's passport in India, could you please tell me what did you enter in the field "place of issue" while updating the passport details in the oci portal? Thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob_spfld View Post
            Hello,
            Those of you who have renewed your kid's passport in India, could you please tell me what did you enter in the field "place of issue" while updating the passport details in the oci portal? Thank you very much.
            Assuming it is a US Passport, they don't have a place of issue, only Issuing Authority.
            So, write whatever is given under the "Authority" section on the passport photo page. Usually US-DOS.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob_spfld View Post
              Hello,
              Yes its a US passport. Thank you very much for your reply. I wasnt able to get the answer from anywhere. Much appreciated.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X