OCI information update for new US passport for child under 20 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jac2005 View Post

I checked and mine said the same message. I actually applied just on 26-JUL. So I am actually later than you.

"Your application is yet to be acknowledged by competent authorities."
    Thanks! My bad dsinha77 applied on 19th/20th based on his confirmation email he posted above.

dsinha77 Can you check your OCI status here - https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury to see what message do you get?

Comment

Originally posted by d3si.h3art View Post

Thanks! My bad dsinha77 applied on 19th/20th based on his confirmation email he posted above.

dsinha77 Can you check your OCI status here - https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury to see what message do you get?
      I am getting records not found .. since I had submitted multiple new applications, I tried a few of the numbers all says "record not found"

Comment

My status has updated as follows -

Current Status: Your application has been acknowledged by competent authorities. It is under consideration.
        Previous Status: Your application is yet to be acknowledged by competent authorities.

Comment

My status has updated as follows -

Current Status: Your application has been acknowledged by competent authorities. It is under consideration.
          Previous Status: Your application is yet to be acknowledged by competent authorities.
          Hi. I am in Canada and applied to update passport details for my minor child who recently obtained a new passport upon renewal. My status is exactly similar to yours. I applied last week and within a few days, status changed to "Your application has been acknowledged by competent authorities. It is under consideration."

I am also curious to know what the next steps and timelines in this process are.

Comment

Thanks for letting me know. For my son here were the steps
            - OCI Miscellaneous Services. Once there I selected "Passport Particulars Updation"
            - Next screen allowed to enter new Passport Number (titled: Enter latest Passport Numbner on which OCI(U-Visa) transferred*), Issue Place and Issue Date
            - Then next screen said "Till now you have successfully registered Part-A. After uploading photo and signature, you will be redirected to fill the Part B to complete the registration." Here I uploaded the new photo and signature
            - Then it said "Till now you have successfully registered Part-A, and have also uploaded Applicants Photo and Signature". There was a button for "Proceed to Part-B"
            - Part B asked a whole lot of questions regarding Citizenship Details (mostly No was the answer), Present Nationality Details & Other Details. There was a Submit button at the end that I clicked
            - It then asked me to upload supporting documents. Next screen had a dropdown for document type and it only had the option for Passport copy. I uploaded that
            - At the bottom of this page there was a button titled "Final Submit". When you click this button, the button disappears. But no message or confirmation after that. So wasn't sure if that was all or if there was more to do.

If you get any updates from VFS, please post.
            This was very helpful. Thank you for sharing above information. Any update on your status? I just applied and wondering what to expect and how long before you received final update. Also, what should one keep when traveling along with OCI and new/old US passport.

Comment

Did anyone receive a final acknowledgement that new passport information has been updated on file?

Comment

Originally posted by indocann View Post
                Did anyone receive a final acknowledgement that new passport information has been updated on file?
                No....after passport upload the button just disappears....but it appears the file is uploaded from what I could tell. No email for that.

But you do get an email after Part B. I think that was when I got the email but I definitely got 1 email.
                Last edited by jac2005; 08-18-2021, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rnm88 View Post

This was very helpful. Thank you for sharing above information. Any update on your status? I just applied and wondering what to expect and how long before you received final update. Also, what should one keep when traveling along with OCI and new/old US passport.
                  Checked the status and its still the same. Will keep waiting I guess.

Comment

Did anyone get any new update\confirmation? I'm also in the same boat. When I clicked on the "Final Submit" button, the button disappeared. The current status of the application is "Your application is yet to be acknowledged by competent authorities."

Comment

Originally posted by dsinha77 View Post
                      HI, I was going through the same steps, as I was not clear if I need to get OCI reissued ( after age 50 but my OCI was issued after I had turned 20) So I am guessing the only thing I need is to use the gratis service

Misclenious Sevice -> update passport details ( set of 2 checkboxes ) I did part A and then Part B ( document upload). and then finally submit I get an email with conformation. No sure is there anything else I need to do.

when I go back and log in using passport/oci-card#/date of birth. select new application I see list as below.

View the Activity for which you are already seeking Miscellaneous
                      1 USA **** **** 21 Passport Particulars Updation 19/JUL/2021 07:12:07 Initiated InProcess
                      Can you try and check what you see?
                      I submitted the GRATIS online application 3 weeks ago. I logged in today using passport, oci number & date of birth. Strangely, the "View the Activity for which you are already seeking Miscellaneous" portion has disappeared from that page. This information was there previously when I checked about 2 weeks ago. Are you still able to see this information when you log in? What is your status saying?

On the status enquiry page for me, it still says acknowledged and under consideration.

Comment

Hello all,
                        I tried doing the OCI renwal for my 5yr old whose US passport just got renewed.

Timeline:
                        Applied for OCI renewal under misc. : Aug 21st. 2021
                        Got this email "Please upload relevant documents as it is mandatory for complete OCI-registration. Please ignore if already uploaded" : Aug 21st, 2021.
                        No further confirmation. All files uploaded.

Status enquiry as of 08/30/2021: Your application is yet to be acknowledged by competent authorities.

How long does it take for status to change from "Your application is yet to be acknowledged by competent authorities." to " its under condieration"?

Comment

Update
                          The status changed to "Your application has been acknowledged by competent authorities. It is under consideration."

Timeline:
                          08/21/2021: Applied for OCI renewal under misc.Got this email "Please upload relevant documents as it is mandatory for complete OCI-registration. Please ignore if already uploaded" : Aug 21st, 2021.No further confirmation. All files uploaded.
                          08/30/2021: Your application is yet to be acknowledged by competent authorities.
                          08/31/2021: "Your application has been acknowledged by competent authorities. It is under consideration."

Comment

My son's OCI application is now complete. I received an email just a few mins ago that,

This refers to application bearing MHA file No. USASxxxxxxx for uploading of documents in connection with your OCI Card No. Axxxxxxx. Updated details including your new passport number xxxxxxxxxx have been taken on record.

This is an auto-generated email and reply to this mail-id is not monitored.

Regards,
                            Team-OCI

On the OCI Enquiry status page the status now reads,

Current Status: Your details have been updated in OCI records.
                            Previous Status: Your application has been acknowledged by competent authorities. It is under consideration.

So hope you guys are right around the corner too!

For reference: Applied Jul 26, Updated Sep 2

Thanks!!
                            Last edited by jac2005; 09-02-2021, 08:37 PM.

Comment

My son's OCI application is now complete. I received an email just a few mins ago that,

This refers to application bearing MHA file No. USASxxxxxxx for uploading of documents in connection with your OCI Card No. Axxxxxxx. Updated details including your new passport number xxxxxxxxxx have been taken on record.

This is an auto-generated email and reply to this mail-id is not monitored.

Regards,
                              Team-OCI

On the OCI Enquiry status page the status now reads,

Current Status: Your details have been updated in OCI records.
                              Previous Status: Your application has been acknowledged by competent authorities. It is under consideration.

So hope you guys are right around the corner too!

For reference: Applied Jul 26, Updated Sep 2

Thanks!!
                              Congrats and thanks for the update. So do you have to carry this email when you travel with your kid to India? Is there any other document that you would receive as well?

Comment

Reason i ask this question is that Indian government officials are typically sticklers with paper document with a clear stamp or signature on it. Will this email suffice even though everything is "Digitial"?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X