OCI information update for new US passport for child under 20 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vkrish7 View Post
    Reason i ask this question is that Indian government officials are typically sticklers with paper document with a clear stamp or signature on it. Will this email suffice even though everything is "Digitial"?
    I don't know the answer to this one.... I am just hoping that confirmation email printout will suffice and that when you get to the immigration counter, their digital systems will have the information. We dont have any immediate travel needs and so I wont be able to find out practically. And I am not expecting anything like a mailed out document at this point either. I think that was the complete procedure.

Maybe someone else who has had first-hand experience will post....

Comment

Looks like my daughter's OCI miscellaneous application for passport update is complete. I just checked the status on OCI website and it says:

Your details have been updated in OCI records.

And I got a confirmation email stating new passport has been taken on record.
      Last edited by indocann; 09-14-2021, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jac2005 View Post
        My son's OCI application is now complete. I received an email just a few mins ago that,

This refers to application bearing MHA file No. USASxxxxxxx for uploading of documents in connection with your OCI Card No. Axxxxxxx. Updated details including your new passport number xxxxxxxxxx have been taken on record.

This is an auto-generated email and reply to this mail-id is not monitored.

Regards,
        Team-OCI

On the OCI Enquiry status page the status now reads,

Current Status: Your details have been updated in OCI records.
        Previous Status: Your application has been acknowledged by competent authorities. It is under consideration.
        Previous Status: Your application is yet to be acknowledged by competent authorities.

So hope you guys are right around the corner too!

For reference: Applied Jul 26, Updated Sep 2

Thanks!!
        Thanks for the update. Did you do this within three months of receiving the new passport? I applied for my daughter, but the new passport was issued more than a year ago.
        Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by dogmatix00 View Post

Thanks for the update. Did you do this within three months of receiving the new passport? I applied for my daughter, but the new passport was issued more than a year ago.
          Thanks!
          No...my sons has been over two years old....I think they are ok with this for the moment. But for the the future I think it will need to be done within three months. What the consequences of not doing it in a timely manner I am not sure of. But in this case, mine was done late also.

Comment

My son's OCI application is now complete. I received an email just a few mins ago that,

This refers to application bearing MHA file No. USASxxxxxxx for uploading of documents in connection with your OCI Card No. Axxxxxxx. Updated details including your new passport number xxxxxxxxxx have been taken on record.

This is an auto-generated email and reply to this mail-id is not monitored.

Regards,
            Team-OCI

On the OCI Enquiry status page the status now reads,

Current Status: Your details have been updated in OCI records.
            Previous Status: Your application has been acknowledged by competent authorities. It is under consideration.
            Previous Status: Your application is yet to be acknowledged by competent authorities.

So hope you guys are right around the corner too!

For reference: Applied Jul 26, Updated Sep 2

Thanks!!
            Congrats had a quick question. Do we need to pay the OCI Misc fee and send any documents? Because when checked the below on VFSGloabl they are saying to pay $45 and the below link for the checklist documents they are asking to submit to them.

https://services.vfsglobal.com/one-p...ices/#oci-misc

oci-checklist-misc-minor-final.pdf (vfsglobal.com)

Comment

If you are doing the passport information update for someone below the age of 20 OR above the age of 50, I dont believe there is any charge and is all handled online. However, the first time you have to update passport information for someone who has crossed 20, is when I believe you may have to pay fees. Also the passport will need to be sent in for the new U-visa sticker. That is how I understood it but I could be wrong.

I am assuming you are just wanting to update passport information for someone who already has an OCI
              Last edited by jac2005; 10-03-2021, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation, it does look like we just need to wait after uploading the documents. Nothing seems to be done from our end on the VFS website.

Comment

My daughter turned 20 this year 2021. Will it be gratis in nature category or charged category ?

Comment

Originally posted by babu95 View Post
                    My daughter turned 20 this year 2021. Will it be gratis in nature category or charged category ?
                    I believe you have to pay for this one-time after she has crossed 20. I don't know for sure if this has to be done immediately after turning 20 or when she gets her next passport after turning 20.

Comment

Hi,
                      I posted my 5-year-old kid's new passport details on August 22nd, On Sep 15th the status changed to "Your application has been acknowledged by competent authorities. It is under consideration".
                      It's October 11 now the status has still not changed, should I be worried?
                      The thing that's causing anxiety is that I uploaded the information 5 months after receiving the new passport; I read somewhere I should have done it within three months; does anybody knows anything about this.
                      Please guide?

Comment

Seems like we are all in the same boat. So lets update this thread as we get any new status.
                        I am in the same boat, how many days did it take to change the status to Initiated after you clicked Final submit? Please let me know. Appreciate your response.

Comment

Got this email from OCI.

Timeline:
                          08/21/2021: Applied for OCI renewal under misc.Got this email "Please upload relevant documents as it is mandatory for complete OCI-registration. Please ignore if already uploaded" : Aug 21st, 2021.No further confirmation. All files uploaded.
                          08/30/2021: Your application is yet to be acknowledged by competent authorities.
                          08/31/2021: "Your application has been acknowledged by competent authorities. It is under consideration."
                          10/11/2021: This refers to application bearing MHA file No. YYYY YYYY for uploading of documents in connection with your OCI Card No. YYYY XX. Updated details including your new passport number YYYY X have been taken on record.

Does it mean i am done? Is this email "proof" of OCI update?

Comment

Originally posted by vkrish7 View Post
                            Got this email from OCI.

Timeline:
                            08/21/2021: Applied for OCI renewal under misc.Got this email "Please upload relevant documents as it is mandatory for complete OCI-registration. Please ignore if already uploaded" : Aug 21st, 2021.No further confirmation. All files uploaded.
                            08/30/2021: Your application is yet to be acknowledged by competent authorities.
                            08/31/2021: "Your application has been acknowledged by competent authorities. It is under consideration."
                            10/11/2021: This refers to application bearing MHA file No. YYYY YYYY for uploading of documents in connection with your OCI Card No. YYYY XX. Updated details including your new passport number YYYY X have been taken on record.

Does it mean i am done? Is this email "proof" of OCI update?
                            I am also exactly at this stage. I asked the question to the VFS and I received the following replay from them stating that I do not need to do anything else. Official people are not very clear in instructions as to the renewal process. After the update, can we travel with new passport and old OCI card which has the old passport number? I just came back from India but I kept the old passport with me just in case someone wants to see it.
                            **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****
                            Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting the VFS Indian Visa, Passport & OCI Application Center Help Desk in the United States.

We understand that you wish to know about the OCI service.

Please be informed that as we can see you have applied under gratis service.

As the new update, please be informed that as you need to upload the current US passport and your photo on the government website and as you will be applying under gratis service you do not have to submit your application to the VFS application centre.

Please be informed that once you upload the necessary documents and information and you will receive a confirmation email on your registered email id.

Please refer to the link shared below to track the status of your application:

In case of further assistance, please feel free to reply to the same email or you may contact us on ** 800 320 9693 and we will be glad to assist you.

Best Regards,

ZZZ

VFS Indian Consular application Centre – United States of America

Comment

Hello all, We just got a new passport for my kid who is 6 years old and I have submitted an OCI misc application and uploaded the required documents. I also got a confirmation email with the file number. Are we good to travel or should we wait until OCI is approved?

Comment

mahi12345 and others who have been having the same question.

According to a MHA circular issued in April, even if the update has not been completed, the OCI Card Holder can travel. Link to the document is at the bottom of the email.

The details will be updated on the system and an auto acknowledgement through e-mail will be sent to the OCI cardholder informing that the updated details have been taken on record. There will be no restriction on the OCI cardholder to travel to/ from India during the period from the date of issue of new passport till the date of final acknowledgement of his/ her documents in the web-based system.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X