Question on update of minor's OCI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on update of minor's OCI

Hi! I got OCI for my minor daughter a few years back at Houston consulate. Her old passport expired in Aug 2020 and we now obtained a new passport for her. However, due to COVID we could not get her OCI reissued. Lately rules have changed for minors. They just need to get their information updated.
    I saw the consulate's website and it says we need to provide new passport information within 3 months, but in this case it's more than a year now. Now I want to know how we can get her OCI updated. In addition, our address has changed. How to get the address changed on the OCI.
    Thanks in advance!

dont believe they are adhering to the 3-month rule after passport was reissued for the OCI record to be updated(per some other thread i may have read it on). You should be able to go to the VFS website and follow instructions to follow through on the update process.

Best case you get the job done ie the OCI record updated with the new passport information, worst case they reject it and tell you what needs done!

Good luck!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X