X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Passport(Indian or USA)number to write on Renunciation Checklist

Hello Folks:
    Happy October!
    Can anybody who has successfully completed the renunciation process advise or share input here.
    I am struggling in understanding this process
    1. Which Passport# should we include in the checklist form(for renunciation process)Indian Passport # or Foreign Passport#
    2. Once we successfully complete the VFS Global online form with all the fees etc-they send an automated generated email with 2 email attachments-1-Renunciation certificate with our filled in details and other one as 2.Application Confirmation letter.My doubt is should we take a print out of this email attachment of Ren certificate(2 copies)and send over.
    3. Regarding the VFS Global courier ---if we opted for theirs-should we only print out the shipping label(from our place to VFS center)and stick on the fedex envelope?I am not sure if they will send us the return shipping label as well in email (from their place to ours)(I know this is stupid question,but still dont want to take any chance).
    4. Have anyone of you guys signed on the photocopies of the documents as well.Usually in India-many had asked me to put initials or signature on the photocopies as well for double verification-Did you guys do that?Or sent the photocopies without signing.
    5. How did you guys take the photocopy-I have the mobile scanner app and I am planning to take the photos of the documents from the mobile scanner app and print it-I hope that should be okay and VFS guys shouldn't reject it
    6. Did you guys send 2 copies of checklist or only1 copy---the language mentioned on the checklist is confusing---its written original and copy so I am assuming 2 copies of checklist?
    7. We are not supposed to send our USA passport any longer for this process.
    Your inputs shall be appreciated!
    Thanks and have a great day!

Looks like someone already suggested the answer for the exact same question you have asked in few other threads If you STILL have doubts, just call VFS directly and I believe VFS offers services for helping to fill up forms.

"""
    10-25-2021, 03:42 PM
    Please write US passport number.

Yes - I think one or two copies of checklist. The checklist instructions say that
    Depends on the quality of the printout from the scan

""

Comment

Let me attempt this. To be fair, been a while since I did this:
      1. I put indian passport number
      2. only print attachments. no need to print the email itself.
      3. I opted for their shipping. Got envelope from FedEx and put my application through that (I believe they give you four choices for an envelope. I chose one that can be reused).
      4. I only signed where VFS explicitly told me to sign. All forms have noted that down. I didn't do any additional signatures.
      5. fortunately I have access to a printer so that's what I did. For a different application, I used phone app to copy a document and Indian Embassy accepted it without any issue. I recommend using a printer if you can.
      6. only one copy of checklist.
      7. yes, no US passport needed, just copy of its pages.

as kpm_blr noted, you can call VFS and they will help you out. However, initialy five minutes are free and then they charge you certain amount per minute I think.

Comment

kpm_blr
        Please check the below thread/post:Somebody wrote US Passport number and it was denied?I know VFS Global plays with all Indians in the Renunciation and OCI process-

Renouncing Indian citizenship using VFS, a frustrating and broken experience!!!

11-22-2020, 03:56 PM
        Ok. So, let me start this post by saying that I'm extremely frustrated. So if it sounds like i'm pissed off in this post... it's because I am.

Mainly because I feel like few, if any, people that work at VFS seem to understand written ENGLISH. I've reached out to customer service multiple times and asked the same questions multiple times. Every time I get a response, it's either an incorrect response (for example, they'll respond with instructions for re-issue of Indian passport instead of renouncing Indian citizenship), or a confusing response.

I've uploaded a picture of the VFS global form that needs to be filled out. According to VFS global, in that little section that asks for "Passport No.", I have to fill in my INDIAN passport number. Yet, in the nationality section... there is no option to select INDIA as a nationality. This is conflicting information: If I can't select INDIA as a nationality, doesn't that mean that I'll need to input my US passport details instead of my Indian passport details?

VFS Global has been slow to respond, and lethargic at best with the quality of their responses.

Also, on the document checklist, it states the following:
        • The physical photo must be affixed on the physical application form and the digital photo must be uploaded on Govt. form online. The physical and uploaded photograph must be identical
        • The digital signature must also be uploaded on the Govt. portal. Upload signature must match with the signature on the physical form.
        NO SUCH OPTION EXISTS ON THE GOV WEBSITE. I was never given the option to upload photograph and signature, which means that the VFS document checklist is likely incorrect. If this was a requirement, i'm sure I wouldn't have been able to fill out and submit my application on the gov website without being able to complete these steps.

So, I'm turning to the people of this forum for clarification, and to vent my frustration. I initially filled out a full application (and made a payment too) using my US passport number. But then customer service told me that I needed to fill in my Indian passport number here. And now the entire process is stalled as I wait for them to cancel out my application and refund my payment.

Have you gone through this process? Was it as frustrating for you as it is for me? I'll post updates if I make any progress.

2 Photos
        Tags: None

Comment

farazs1
          Thank You.Appreciate your response!

Comment

Originally posted by Payal123 View Post
            kpm_blr
            Please check the below thread/post:Somebody wrote US Passport number and it was denied?I know VFS Global plays with all Indians in the Renunciation and OCI process-

Renouncing Indian citizenship using VFS, a frustrating and broken experience!!!

11-22-2020, 03:56 PM
            Ok. So, let me start this post by saying that I'm extremely frustrated. So if it sounds like i'm pissed off in this post... it's because I am.

Mainly because I feel like few, if any, people that work at VFS seem to understand written ENGLISH. I've reached out to customer service multiple times and asked the same questions multiple times. Every time I get a response, it's either an incorrect response (for example, they'll respond with instructions for re-issue of Indian passport instead of renouncing Indian citizenship), or a confusing response.

I've uploaded a picture of the VFS global form that needs to be filled out. According to VFS global, in that little section that asks for "Passport No.", I have to fill in my INDIAN passport number. Yet, in the nationality section... there is no option to select INDIA as a nationality. This is conflicting information: If I can't select INDIA as a nationality, doesn't that mean that I'll need to input my US passport details instead of my Indian passport details?

VFS Global has been slow to respond, and lethargic at best with the quality of their responses.

Also, on the document checklist, it states the following:
            • The physical photo must be affixed on the physical application form and the digital photo must be uploaded on Govt. form online. The physical and uploaded photograph must be identical
            • The digital signature must also be uploaded on the Govt. portal. Upload signature must match with the signature on the physical form.
            NO SUCH OPTION EXISTS ON THE GOV WEBSITE. I was never given the option to upload photograph and signature, which means that the VFS document checklist is likely incorrect. If this was a requirement, i'm sure I wouldn't have been able to fill out and submit my application on the gov website without being able to complete these steps.

So, I'm turning to the people of this forum for clarification, and to vent my frustration. I initially filled out a full application (and made a payment too) using my US passport number. But then customer service told me that I needed to fill in my Indian passport number here. And now the entire process is stalled as I wait for them to cancel out my application and refund my payment.

Have you gone through this process? Was it as frustrating for you as it is for me? I'll post updates if I make any progress.

2 Photos
            Tags: None
            I filled up the renunciation for one my uncle's recently and mailed yday. We wrote Indian Passport number because the checklist is a reference for Renunciation so Indian information should be written IMO. Indian nationality isn't an option because you are not Indian Citizen anymore if one is applying for Renunciation they are doing it because they became citizen of another country. I don't recall upload pic/signature however I remember doing that for OCI. Can you show me where it says regarding the signature and picture?
            Last edited by Jot18; 10-26-2021, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Jot18
              Thank You for the response!Much appreciated!
              When I said signature-I meant to ask do we need to self attest the photocopy documents which we are sending !In India usually people ask us to sign or put our initials /self attest even the photo copy documents .I wanted to know if anyone has self attested their photo copy documents while sending to these guys(VFS).
              I don't want to make any mistake as It is a big headache to do mistakes and run after these VFS team day/night...Their team(I doubt if they have a well disciplined team)won't leave any stone unturned in making our lives hell-For smallest of mistakes-they will reject/delay our process and will never ever feel sorry and hence I want to be rest assured MY renunciation(and OCI) gets completed with minimal hassle.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X