OCI application questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI application questions

So frustrated with this process. I am trying to file OCI for my two kids and I am confused.
    Where are the up to date instructions to follow? From ociservices.gov.in/ I found an FAQ dated July 2021, which seems to be the latest. Is that the one we should follow?

Here are some of the questions I had:
    1. The FAQ mentions the max size of the photo upload should be 900x900, but online tool says max would be 1500x1500. I have already created my application with 1400x1400, should I redo? Which one is right?
    2. Is there a way for me to mail in the OCI documents or do I need to go in in-person? I am in San Francisco, so I can, but I have no idea if CGKS/VFS are still helping with doing this through courier mail?
    3. Does anyone know how many physical photos we need? Reading through the FAQ dated July 2021, I am really not sure.

Also, does anyone know:
    1. What length of visas and types of visas being provided for US-born minors (parents have OCI, if that matters)?
    2. What the fee for the visa is? For the life of me I cannot find the fee online.

Comment

Please check this link:

Comment

1) The maximum dimensions are 1500 pixels (width) x 1500 pixels (height). 1400x1400 fine as long the file size is less than (Max size 500kb)
        3) I sent two photos. One pasted on the form and one extra photo.

Comment

Hi, if i have my surrender certificate, am i able to apply OCI card from other country, like i am NZ citizen, but as it takes 30 days to get tat, i want to travel and apply in say Dubai ? is it possible?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X