Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Renunciation Certificate - how did you fill and print it without date format issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renunciation Certificate - how did you fill and print it without date format issue

I try using the link online https://www.vfsglobal.com/one-pager/...lable-form.pdf
    However 1. Dates gets formated to MM/DD/YYYY instead of DD/MM/YYYY - does anyone know how to fill this form online without causing a date issue?
    2. Did you download this form as 'Blank form' and then handwritten dates in DD/MM/YYYY, is that acceptable?
    3. When you print this out , preview, Address, phone number get cut off. How did you manage to print this form?

This PDF is not required to be filled out. The actual certificate will be generated once you go thro the VFS website. The instructions for the process are confusing at best. I went around in circles about this. Also, once you submit the fees and complete the process, the actual surrender certificate (which they ask you to sign 2 copies of) will be in the "email" that they send which confirms your order to them. I learnt this the hard way

Comment

DJT_DJT Thanks for the reply! Yes, I received it in email along with the order confirmation! The whole process is really confusing and I literally wasted almost a day in fixing the pdf error! Lol..

Comment

VFS website generated certifciate has two issues:

1. format is - <surname> <firstname> SINGH AJAY
        2. even though provided middle name KUMAR in the forms, the certificate does not show it

for those who have gone through will that create issue with VFS or OCI later. both indian/us passports have matching first/middle/surname

I was thinking of just using PDF file, and fill it out as AJAY KUMAR SINGH -- but the post above suggests VFS will issue certificate against what is submitted online (and ignore my PDF printout)

Please advise

Comment

to close out: VFS will use whatever printout you supply. So you better use PDF instead of "bad" one generated from VFS. vendors will changed, but the certificate will remain for life.

PDF date format is bad, and nobody will ever fix. There are tools, or you can scan printout and do text edits ignoring date format. I used dd-mmm-yyyy format. hope this helps future readers!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X