Register SIM card with OCI/Pan card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Register SIM card with OCI/Pan card?

As a OCI card holder, I´m trying to register a SIM card through a retailer, but I get rejected. I tried both for JIO and AIrtel. Since my address mentioned in my OCI is outside India, their system can´t verify its ZIP code, and therefore it´s rejected.

I also asked if they accept PAN card, but they tell it´s not possible.

How can I register a SIM card in my name in my situation?

Thanks!

Some of these services allow you to register online and may accept different forms of ID. It might also be worth visiting a larger retailer or a telecom service center in person for more personalized assistance.

Comment

That sounds frustrating. I had a similar issue with SIM registration when my address didn’t match their system. In my case, I used a temporary phone number to help with the verification process. Services like Quackr offer these numbers for short-term needs, which can sometimes make things easier. You might also try reaching out to the customer service of the SIM providers directly or visiting a different store for assistance. They might have alternative methods for verifying your identity given your unique situation.
      Last edited by Philwuese; 09-03-2024, 03:21 AM.

Comment

I suggest getting an Aadhar card first. That will solve many problems. Your SSLC certificate and any old accounts (bank, electric, etc.) can be used to get your Aadhar card. Google and find the list of document proofs you need to get the Aadhar.

Comment

Originally posted by Kranis View Post
          As a OCI card holder, I´m trying to register a SIM card through a retailer, but I get rejected. I tried both for JIO and AIrtel. Since my address mentioned in my OCI is outside India, their system can´t verify its ZIP code, and therefore it´s rejected.

I also asked if they accept PAN card, but they tell it´s not possible.

How can I register a SIM card in my name in my situation?

Thanks!
          I suggest you go directly to the service provider (JIO, Airtel) store and explain your situation, as they may have special procedures for OCI card customers. And don't forget to bring the necessary documents before going.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X