No announcement yet.

Failed to load PDF Document - Error while viewing documents in OCI application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failed to load PDF Document - Error while viewing documents in OCI application

OCI application expects you to upload bunch of documents. I uploaded all of those documents, and for all of them I got the message that the document got uploaded successfully. But when I click on "View Document", for a particular document i.e. Indian Origin Proof, I get the message "Failed to load PDF Document". Note that the document meets all requirement criteria, and I am able to upload it successfully. Error occurs only while trying to view this document. Has anyone else faced this issue? If yes, how did you resolve this?

For additional context - I tried on both Windows and Macbook laptops. I also tried multiple browsers i.e. Chrome, Edge and Safari. Same result everywhere.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 1.51.05 PM.png
Views:	969
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	776958

If you have submitted the application, wait for VFS email/message if they have trouble.

Otherwise. check the file size. If it is bigger, rescan with lower dpi. Also, some pdf files might have problems. Rescan and upload.

Comment

Some browsers are more prone to returning this error. Google Chrome may be one where it is trying to open the electronic transcript within its own native PDF viewer, and because the transcript is a secured PDF best opening with Adobe Acrobat Reader.

You can download the attachment and then view them separately. If your file existed locally and was just uploaded why bother with view if the individual file upload states it to be successful ?

Also, double check the uploaded pdf file name does not have special characters by oversight.

Also, file size limitations are best verified first before uploading as they are enforced.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X