Minor's OCI upon passport renewal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor's OCI upon passport renewal

My kid (minor) has an OCI card based on his last US passport.
    Now my kids US passport is renewed.

Do we need to renew my kid's OCI card (or apply for new oci) based on the new passport?

Researching a bit on web, i didn't find anything on vfsglobal. but came across below article

*** here is the excerpt from the article mentioned above****
    (ii) OCI cardholder is required to get the OCI card re-issued only once when a new passport is issued after completing 20 years of age. (Applicants may refer to https://services.vfsglobal.com/usa/e...y-oci-services for the process). The fees for this is US$ 25 and US$ 3 for Indian Community Welfare Fund (ICWF). You also need to pay US$ 15.90 to the Outsourcing Agency as service charge, and a fee for any Optional Services used like Shipping Labels;

it seems if oci card holder does not need to re-issue oci card upon renewal of his/her passport if they are below 20 years of age. DID I INTERPRET THIS CORRECT?

also, not sure on the authenticity of the website indianembassyusa.gov.in

Can you please provide feedack on my interpretation and also on the authenticity of the website?

are there are more official website that provide guidance on this matter?

appreciate all the help on this.

Comment

OCI Miscellaneous services option lets you update New passport details for the minor.

The services under these categories are gratis in nature:
      1. In case issuance of new Passport Details (each time a new passport is issued up to 20 years of age and once after completing 50 years of age)
      2. In case change in address/occupation/contact details

Comment

Thank you for guidance.

this is interesting, i never knew this. Let me go through this.

Will post any additional questions.

Appreciate your help on this.

Comment

To get the most accurate and up-to-date information, it's best to directly contact the Embassy of India or the Consulate General's office that serves your area. They can provide you with specific guidance on renewing your child's OCI card based on their individual situation. Please note that when availing these services, there is a service charge of US$ 15.90 to be paid to the Outsourcing Agency, in addition to any fees for optional services such as Shipping Labels.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X