Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minor's OCI App - Parent's renunciated indian passports as proof of Indian origin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor's OCI App - Parent's renunciated indian passports as proof of Indian origin?

Hello all - Greatly appreciate your help with this question

The minor is a US citizen by birth and has never held indian passport. The minor's parents are naturalized US citizens and have renunciated indian passports and do not have OCI cards yet. Dad was born in UAE and Mom was born in India.

Will parent's renunciated indian passport suffice as proof of indian origin for a minor's OCI application? or is grand parent's indian passport the only option?

Thank in advance

I called up the oci support line. They aren't sure. Told me to submit app and that I would be contacted if additional docs are needed.

Comment

From VFS OCI checklist:

If an applicant applies based on the Indian citizenship of his/her parents’, the applicant should submit the following documents:

• Applicant’s birth certificate. The birth certificate should show the names of parents clearly; and

• First three and last two pages of Indian passports of either parent; or Domicile certificate or nativity certificate issued to either parent by the competent authority; or OCI Card of either parent together with his/her Indian passport or other documents to prove his/her Indian origin.

• Proof of current and previous nationality of both parents.

So it looks like if you submit your birth certificate clearly showing parents name on it + parent's old cancelled Indian passports copy (first 3, last 2 pages), you should be good to go!

Good luck and I think it will be ok
      Last edited by ma06!; 02-20-2022, 08:48 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X