name change affidavit after divorce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• name change affidavit after divorce

My OCI application just got declined the second time.

try 1 - jan/feb 2021 declined - needs name change affidavit
    try 2 - jan 2022 - declined - needs name change affidavit - I did attached a signed and verified by my bank (WF) doc.

So, I'm not sure what is the official template here, but this is my 2nd very frustrated attempt at getting yalls help. is there a link i can *****ally open to find an official template? yes, ive been trying to call VFS to figure it out but can't get a human to talk to.

Originally posted by Vindilemma View Post
    try 2 - jan 2022 - declined - needs name change affidavit - I did attached a signed and verified by my bank (WF) doc.
    :
    :
    yes, ive been trying to call VFS to figure it out but can't get a human to talk to.
    Can you post what you had in your document you say you sent in signed and verified by your bank? Affidavit needs to be Notorized. What you sent in, wat it notorized?

VFS charges money to talk to you so they always pick up. You do have to give your credit card upfront and the first 5 minutes per week are free. Then its like $2.49 or something like that per minute.

Comment

Goggle 'vfs name change affidavit' and literally the first result is a pdf copy of the template required by VFS. Change it to your needs, print, get it notarized and send to VFS.

I had to do the same (made a small change in my name during naturalization) and had no issues with my OCI application.

Comment

attached. i did the VFS search and modified doc to suit my needs as well. does this have something to do with a newspaper print to announce changed name? i never did all that & i changed name during naturalization couple of yrs ago

Also, i am aware they charge to talk after they charge you for a call.

Edited reply to add - yes, this is the affidavit used to get notarized from bank. for obvs reasons I removed my personal details and changed to FN / LN
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Vindilemma; 03-04-2022, 04:43 PM.

Comment

attached. i did the VFS search and modified doc to suit my needs as well. does this have something to do with a newspaper print to announce changed name? i never did all that & i changed name during naturalization couple of yrs ago

Also, i am aware they charge to talk after they charge you for a call.

Edited reply to add - yes, this is the affidavit used to get notarized from bank. for obvs reasons I removed my personal details and changed to FN / LN
          If you sent this in and it was properly notorized, VFS just made a mistake. They may be making these mistakes on purpose to pad up their income as the $16.90 is non-refundable. I would call them, try to stay below the 5 minute mark, demand an explanation. Then re-send this so that this next time, they don't accidentally make the same "mistake" if it were me.

Comment

@dvpatel - i actually went into an 'discussion' with the VFS twitter handle. who ever it was responding to my dms was either new or just didn't care cuz after i gave em' all my details they never had a reason except 'call us this number' . so i did, 30$ later i realized they had no justification or apology & they were just running up my bill as the best they came up with was ' oh btw you are out of time limit we can keep your case opened so computer has closed your file which they cant re-open so better you submit a new application' on repeat. about 36$ and high blood pressure late i gave up and yes, i just did a whole new app fee and just sent it in. i have never had to deal with such agonizing bs. so so done ! i need a therapist after this harrowing convo with their ppl.
            Also, what I don't understand is when India is the best backend of technology of the world then why is the OCI website so dumb!
            i'll update here as i get any info. thanks

Comment

@dvpatel - i actually went into an 'discussion' with the VFS twitter handle. who ever it was responding to my dms was either new or just didn't care cuz after i gave em' all my details they never had a reason except 'call us this number' . so i did, 30$ later i realized they had no justification or apology & they were just running up my bill as the best they came up with was ' oh btw you are out of time limit we can keep your case opened so computer has closed your file which they cant re-open so better you submit a new application' on repeat. about 36$ and high blood pressure late i gave up and yes, i just did a whole new app fee and just sent it in. i have never had to deal with such agonizing bs. so so done ! i need a therapist after this harrowing convo with their ppl.
              Also, what I don't understand is when India is the best backend of technology of the world then why is the OCI website so dumb!
              i'll update here as i get any info. thanks
              I agree. We're regarded as the best programmers in the world and all of our government and banking stuff back home is worse than a mess. Sad.

When I did my family's OCI, there was no middle company. Process was smooth. Did not have any trouble. Now, its these middle companies who likely bribed the government officials back home and the end result is, the service is worse and money is more.

Comment

Update: I finally received my OCI on April 28.
                I'd highly suggest if you have any VFS related issues before, during or even after submission then you Tweet them on their page. they are very responsive & its free as calling VFS is going to cost/min or so. this is what worked best for me.
                once VFS has your file then they go thru your papers & if all is well they will then move it to the Indian embassy Otherwise they are supposed to contact you (in my case, they did not & apparently i had 10 days to submit a pre-paid envelope which i didn't order from their site so they were going to reject my oci application after those 10 days were up) and you get an email to say the same. i was thinking of tweeting the Indian embassy here in USA for about a few days and my OCI showed up.
                Tweeting helped more than anything. just sharing my exp. if i hadn't, id never know i was missing a pre paid envelope which is why they were about to reject my application. i went on site and bought a pre paid envelope then tweeted again. i think i successfully pissed em all off lol .
                Good luck .

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X