Starting a donation fund

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting a donation fund

I am going through the renunciation process and OCI process now. However, I feel the process is sad and unfortunately for the people get turned away (I almost did myself) because of the financial commitments at each of the various steps:
    1. $2.46 per minute for the phone calls after 5 minutes
    2. Additional fees for $1 per page for uploads of documents
    3. Hundreds of dollars in fees to obtain citizenship overall, including shipping costs
    When it's all set and done, I'm imagining a person who has financial hardship, is most likely not able to afford and go forward with the process of OCI. I really don't hope that's the intention of the community, to create it a high income only OCI community. In the long-term, it's beneficial to be united and have all classes represented in the group.

I feel strongly about this and would welcome more thoughts, and happy to "put money where the mouth is," as in speak with the right consulate folks to set up a mechanism where if a financial hardship prevents someone from applying to such programs, there is support for them. This can take shape of a donation amount that can cover the 1-3 above as well.

If anyone else is supportive of this mission, please feel free to share your thoughts below or message me private.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X