• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian Passport Renewal @ NYC - Feeling helpless and confused

Hello all,

So here is my Indian Passport renewal timeline:

01-Dec-2022 - Application was received by VFS Global
    05-Dec-2022 - My application forwarded to NYC Consultate
    09-Feb -2023 - Finally police verification was completed in India. Excuses of file moving here and there. This even after paying them.
    13-Feb-2023 - Status changed on Passport Seva portal to "Passport application has been granted".

Status as of today 16-Feb-2023

Passport Seva Portal - Passport application has been granted
    VFS Global Portal - Your application has reached at the Embassy/Consulate and is currently under review process
    Pramit Enquiry - Documents not received by consulate

I have no idea what is happening and what i should do. I dont even know if everything is going smoothly and its just a delay.

Can someone let me know if this is normal or if i should do something.

Thank you for reading.

The passport is probably en-route to the NYC consulate from India. VFS will pick when it reaches the consulate and send it to you. The VFS portal won't be updated until they get the passport.

Comment

Originally posted by Liberty48 View Post
      The passport is probably en-route to the NYC consulate from India. VFS will pick when it reaches the consulate and send it to you. The VFS portal won't be updated until they get the passport.
      Does it really have to come from India? Doesnt it get printed here in NYC itself?

Comment

Originally posted by guruduttusa View Post

Does it really have to come from India? Doesnt it get printed here in NYC itself? best outlets in new York
        While some items may be produced internationally, many are printed locally in NYC. Quality and efficiency often dictate where items are sourced from, ensuring timely delivery and cost-effectiveness.
        Last edited by harry82; 06-28-2024, 04:33 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X