OCI info Update for Minor after receiving new US passport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI info Update for Minor after receiving new US passport

I am trying to update my son's info after he go new US passport. After adding photo and signature image, site takes you to Part-B and asks this question

"Have you/any member of your family applied for Overseas Citizen of India registration earlier? If Yes, provide their file reference number and date when applied."

All our family members including my son got the OCI five years back. I don't remember what was the file reference number at that time or the exact date when I applied and have not saved it after we got the OCI card.

What are my options?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by koibhi; 05-14-2023, 08:52 PM.

The file reference number is at the back page of your oci card. Put the date of grant as date of application

Comment

Can anyone please comment?

Because my daughter has got a new US passport after she turned 20, I think she needs to renew her oci card. When filling the forms, it takes me to form a and b. Is this the correct process? It feels like she is applying for a fresh oci card.

Can this process happen online totally or do we need to physically go to vfsglobal with supporting documents?​

Comment

Originally posted by Nrlay View Post
        Can anyone please comment?

Because my daughter has got a new US passport after she turned 20, I think she needs to renew her oci card. When filling the forms, it takes me to form a and b. Is this the correct process? It feels like she is applying for a fresh oci card.

Can this process happen online totally or do we need to physically go to vfsglobal with supporting documents?​
        I responded to your PM the other day.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X