Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does PIO card really need endorsement for new US passport?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does PIO card really need endorsement for new US passport?

Hi,

Does anybody has any positive or negative experience with PIO card without endorsement, accompanied by old and new US passport?

The immihelp page says:

"It is not mandatory to get the new passport endorsed in the PIO card. However, in that case, you will have to carry both the old and the new passports along with the PIO card to travel to India."
    (New)

However, I would like to confirm it before making the trip.

Thanks,
    Cibu

That's true. We have confirmed with the Indian consulate.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Still valid?

Originally posted by immihelp View Post
      That's true. We have confirmed with the Indian consulate.
      Is this still valid that no endorsement is required as long as we carry both old/new passports? There is practically no way to contact Indian Consulate or BLS International... very badly structured. Thanks

Comment

Yeah take both with you and you'll be fine.

Comment

i have the same question....... i will be travelling in April 2014. Do I need to get the new passport endorsed in the PIO or I can just travel with both the old and new passports with the PIO?

Comment

Why are you asking a question if it's the same as the other one, and it has been answered?

Comment

PIO Endorsement With New Passport Information...

Hi,

Greetings!

I know this question has been answered before but wanted to check if anything has changed since then or if someone has faced any issue due to non-endorsement of PIO at port of entry?

My Son recently turned 5 (Five) (01/26/2014) and we had applied for his new US passport. We have received his new US passport with new number and valid till 2019.He currently has valid PIO card till 2024. Now my family is going to visit India on May 12th'2014. My question is whether it would be a problem if his new passport number is not endorsed on PIO Card OR can he carry both passports (New and Old) along with PIO card? Will it suffice if he carries both passports along with PIO?

I don't have enough time to get PIO endorsed and my wife is traveling alone with kids. It would be helpful if someone can let us know if we need to carry anything else apart from old and new passport in case of non-endorsement of PIO card so that my family doesn't face any issue.

I'd appreciate if I can get a response ASAP.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

reg endorsement

Originally posted by sameria View Post
                Hi,

Greetings!

I know this question has been answered before but wanted to check if anything has changed since then or if someone has faced any issue due to non-endorsement of PIO at port of entry?

My Son recently turned 5 (Five) (01/26/2014) and we had applied for his new US passport. We have received his new US passport with new number and valid till 2019.He currently has valid PIO card till 2024. Now my family is going to visit India on May 12th'2014. My question is whether it would be a problem if his new passport number is not endorsed on PIO Card OR can he carry both passports (New and Old) along with PIO card? Will it suffice if he carries both passports along with PIO?

I don't have enough time to get PIO endorsed and my wife is traveling alone with kids. It would be helpful if someone can let us know if we need to carry anything else apart from old and new passport in case of non-endorsement of PIO card so that my family doesn't face any issue.

I'd appreciate if I can get a response ASAP.

Thanks in advance.
                Hi Sameria,
                Was there any problem with the PIO card without endorsement, I am in similar position and travelling India next week, could you please share .

Comment

Originally posted by Rindha Brungi View Post
                  Hi Sameria,
                  Was there any problem with the PIO card without endorsement, I am in similar position and travelling India next week, could you please share .
                  My family reached India on 14th May and they didn't have any issue. It is fine to carry both Old and New password with your valid PIO card.

Satyen...

Comment

Thank you

Originally posted by sameria View Post
                    My family reached India on 14th May and they didn't have any issue. It is fine to carry both Old and New password with your valid PIO card.

Satyen...
                    Thank you for updating me. Its a big relief.

Comment

Pio endorsement returned with same pio card ???? No new card issued on endorsement ?

I applied for PIO card emdorsement as my son has a renewed US Passport . send all the forms with money order to BLS about a month back. Yesterday i got the packet with his both passports and the OLD PIO CARD. no change on the PIO card and it still says the old passport number that has expired. card validity date is stamped for many more years.

QUESTION : WHAT IS THE EXPECTED RESULT OF ENDORSEMENT OF PIO BOOKLET? WILL I GET A NEW PIO BOOKLET?
                      OR WILL IT CHANGE THE OLD PASSPORT NUMBER ON THE OLD BOOKLET ?

Is this a mistake by BLS ? they happily took the money order . send all the forms back with passports and pio unchanged .

what should i do ?

PLEASE HELP , I HAVE A TRAVEL NEXT MONTH TO INDIA.

Comment

PIO car to be used without endosment

Originally posted by Rindha Brungi View Post
                        Thank you for updating me. Its a big relief.
                        I know this question has repeatedly asked & answered over the years but just want to get a current update. My daughter has a valid POI card but new Passport. We do not have time to get it endorsed. If we take the new & the old passport are we good then?
                        Last edited by vgolchha; 05-24-2015, 09:06 AM.

Comment

PIO card endorsement requirements

Hi there,

This post if to provide relief to PIO card holders who are wondering whether the new passport number needs to be endorsed on PIO card.

As of July 21st, 2015, the Bureau of Immigration of India states on its website, http://www.immigrationindia.nic.in/c...reigners-india

"The foreigners holding PIO cards can gain entry into India if valid PIO card is presented along with the valid new foreign passport issued in lieu of the passport endorsed on the PIO card.

However the foreigners are advised to have necessary endorsement of the new passport from the competent authority on their PIO cards to avoid any inconvenience."'

Seems like endorsement is recommended, but not necessary!

Based on this, my minor daughter will be traveling with old and new passport, and I will have it endorsed when I return from my trip.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by nzakir View Post
                            Hi there,

This post if to provide relief to PIO card holders who are wondering whether the new passport number needs to be endorsed on PIO card.

As of July 21st, 2015, the Bureau of Immigration of India states on its website, http://www.immigrationindia.nic.in/c...reigners-india

"The foreigners holding PIO cards can gain entry into India if valid PIO card is presented along with the valid new foreign passport issued in lieu of the passport endorsed on the PIO card.

However the foreigners are advised to have necessary endorsement of the new passport from the competent authority on their PIO cards to avoid any inconvenience."'

Seems like endorsement is recommended, but not necessary!

Based on this, my minor daughter will be traveling with old and new passport, and I will have it endorsed when I return from my trip.

Hope this helps!

I am in same boat, did any one face any issue recently when traveling with a valid PIO card and new passport, which is not endorsed in the PIO. Of course we will carry the old pp as well, which is endorsed in the PIO.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by rashu96 View Post
                              I am in same boat, did any one face any issue recently when traveling with a valid PIO card and new passport, which is not endorsed in the PIO. Of course we will carry the old pp as well, which is endorsed in the PIO.

Thanks
                              Any updates on this. I am in the same boat. My daughter has an old PIO but she recently got her new passport. Has anyone traveled to India in the last few months with the same situation?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X