New OCI for US born Minor at SF Consulate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New OCI for US born Minor at SF Consulate

I'm applying for my kid's new OCI card who is US citizen by birth. Both parents are on H-1b visa are born in India. I had few doc related issues earlier with passport/visa applications with consulate/vfs so trying to be careful this time.
    • For online doc uploads,
      1. Which pages of passports (Us passport for kid and Indian for parents) need to be scanned?
      2. Is parents' passport good enough for Indian origin proof?
      3. Do we need to upload Indian visa for kid even if it's expired?
      4. What should be the date format for DoB on parental authorization form? Should scanned copy be notarized as well?
      5. What category should be selected for birth certificate?
      6. Any other document that is mandatory for online submission?
    • For docs to be sent via mail,
      1. Which pages of passports (Us passport for kid and Indian for parents) need to be sent?
      2. Other than current passport, is there any other original document that need to sent?
      3. Other than parental authorization form​, is there any document that needs to notarized?
      4. Is one parent's DL copy, enough for address proof or need to include for both parents?
      5. Is Undertaking by OCI applicant required in case of minor?
    Thanks in advance for your help

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	391
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	807105Click image for larger version

Views:	226
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	807106

The first two pages and the last two pages of the passport are good. Send both parents DL copy. Upload scanned PDFs (I did not self-attest uploaded copies). Self-attest all copies you send to VFS. Use the child's thumb impression if she/he can't write. Follow the instruction document line by line. Print it and write over what you have done. Notarize, attest and send original/copy based on the instruction document.

Here is the instructions document -> https://services.vfsglobal.com/one-p...rt-(minor).pdf

I suggest anyone starting an OCI application to print the instructions document per their situation and gather the documents before starting the online application.

Comment

Liberty48 Thanks for the reply. When I printed the application form, it already has photo and thumb print on top right corner of first page.
      1. Do I need to affix physical photo on top of that printed photo?
      2. Where to put kid's thumb print? I see on 3rd page, there's a declaration section which has place for applicant's signature and parent's signature. Should I put kid's thumb print for applicant's signature and mine for parent's signature?

Views:	225
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	807147

Comment

Originally posted by abcd_efgh View Post
        Liberty48 Thanks for the reply. When I printed the application form, it already has photo and thumb print on top right corner of first page.
        1. Do I need to affix physical photo on top of that printed photo?
        2. Where to put kid's thumb print? I see on 3rd page, there's a declaration section which has place for applicant's signature and parent's signature. Should I put kid's thumb print for applicant's signature and mine for parent's signature?

Views:	225
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	807147
        1 - This is new to me. My suggestion is to affix the physical photo as it says in the instructions.
        2 - Yes and yes.

Comment

Thanks Liberty48

Comment

Key documents will likely include your child's birth certificate showing birth in the US, parents' passports and H-1B visa documents, slope marriage certificate or other proof of relationship, address proofs for parents.

Last edited by CaleBraun; 07-07-2024, 11:31 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X