Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help w/ passport renewal / pending over 60days

Hi Guys,

I need some help! Any help! My dad sent his passport for renewal to VFS San Francisco, since 6/20 the passport shows @ consulate under processing. The problem is now he has been admitted in emergency and would like to travel to India ASAP to continue his medical treatment. I have called VFS and they said I should contact Consulate. The numbers on the consulate website is simply an automated message which says to email them. So far I have sent two emails to [email protected] and also to [email protected], filed inquire via VFS website and I have not received any response. We had someone back in India go to out local Police Station to see if PV was the hold up and getting it cleared, but Police Station in India never received a request for PV.

At this point what are my options? What can I do? I swear to god Indian embassies are such a nightmare and I'm feeling so helpless right now? How on earth can we get his passport? It has been under processing for 2 months now! Has anyone ever been in this situation? Is there anyway to talk to a human being at Indian Consulate in SF? I can't go in person since I'm in SoCal.

Any information on how to resolve this issue will be much appreciated!

Contact the consulate directly. If it is close to you, please visit in person. You may get an emergency travel document. Here is a link from the Seattle consulate --> https://indiainseattle.gov.in/pages/MTAw There should be a similar service at SF (SF consulate website is not loading at this time!)

Comment

Originally posted by danny32 View Post
      Hi Guys,

I need some help! Any help! My dad sent his passport for renewal to VFS San Francisco, since 6/20 the passport shows @ consulate under processing. The problem is now he has been admitted in emergency and would like to travel to India ASAP to continue his medical treatment. I have called VFS and they said I should contact Consulate. The numbers on the consulate website is simply an automated message which says to email them. So far I have sent two emails to [email protected] and also to [email protected], filed inquire via VFS website and I have not received any response. We had someone back in India go to out local Police Station to see if PV was the hold up and getting it cleared, but Police Station in India never received a request for PV.

At this point what are my options? What can I do? I swear to god Indian embassies are such a nightmare and I'm feeling so helpless right now? How on earth can we get his passport? It has been under processing for 2 months now! Has anyone ever been in this situation? Is there anyway to talk to a human being at Indian Consulate in SF? I can't go in person since I'm in SoCal.

Any information on how to resolve this issue will be much appreciated!
      Consider reaching out to your local Congressional representative for assistance in expediting the passport processing through the Indian Consulate.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X