Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pls help: PIO endorsement on new PP with old(expired) PP lost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pls help: PIO endorsement on new PP with old(expired) PP lost?

Here is the story,

My 6yrs old son is a US citizen by birth , me and my wife are green card holders.

My son's valid PIO card has an endorsement for my son's old "expired" US passport.

Two years ago after we had my son's US passport "renewed" since it had "expired" in 2008, we lost the original "expired" US passport (the important thing is , we do NOT have my son's expired US passport however we do have its photocopy).

All consulates are asking for the original US passport that is endorsed on the valid PIO card with the application for endorsing the new US passport on the PIO card.

What are my options at this time? Can i send the photocopy of the expired US passport with a note saying it was lost? Do i need to get some kind of court affidavit, will it work?

Me and my son are in the USA at this time hoping to get the PIO card endorsed with the new passport so that we could visit India in the next 2months.

People with similar experiences, please share your story, hopefully that will help me reach a decision on the best possible solution that i can attempt.

Travisa has been extremly unhelpful, i have been on hold for more than 2hours at a time several times during the day just to be cutoff at random.
    Last edited by ssawe; 05-18-2011, 01:31 AM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X