OCI Application dropoff at Travisa SF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI Application dropoff at Travisa SF

I dropped off my wife's and my OCI application at Travisa SF this morning. Turns out they no longer need any copies (the site says 2 self-attested copies). They just took the originals and I was out in 5 minutes. I hope this does not create any problems - can anyone else confirm this new rule?

I am getting the docs ready to apply for OCI, called today and the lady at Travisa told me that its a new rule from Feb 3, 2012 that we need to submit only one copy of the docs.

BTW, did you have to submit the originals of birth certificate, etc., as you mentioned in your post?

Also, I have selected to send it by mail but changed my mind and want to drop the application off myself at the center. Do you know if we need to make an appointment for that?

Comment

Originally posted by swarch123 View Post
      I am getting the docs ready to apply for OCI, called today and the lady at Travisa told me that its a new rule from Feb 3, 2012 that we need to submit only one copy of the docs.

BTW, did you have to submit the originals of birth certificate, etc., as you mentioned in your post?

Also, I have selected to send it by mail but changed my mind and want to drop the application off myself at the center. Do you know if we need to make an appointment for that?
      One copy or just 1 set of documents? For reference, it used to be (maybe still is I am not sure) that it was 1 original set plus 2 duplicates.

My daughter has a PIO so it was just me and my wife (as a family) applying for the OCI. No "originals". I had the Travisa order form, the Indian Govt. form 1 Part A each for me and my wife, 1 Part B, our drivers license copies, our US and (Cancelled) Indian Passport copies, Natuarlization Cert copies in each "set".

They did not even take our original Indian passports saying they are already cancelled.

I dont think appointment is necessary as I went there an hour before mine and I was good. But I'd recommend you to take one just in case. They are very quick and helpful at Travisa.

Comment

It used to be 1** and total of 2. Looks like you just need 1 now. It saves lot of papers/trees

Comment

Just checked the status using the Online OCI Enquiry Form, and both of us have been granted the OCI.

Here is what it says :

Date Of Acknowledgment 08-FEB-2012
          Photo/Signature at Mission : Scanned On 10-FEB-2012
          Registration Status at Mission : Granted On 10-FEB-2012
          Documents Printing Status PRINTED On 13-FEB-2012
          Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ): NEW DELHI On NOT DISPATCHED
          Documents Received at SAN FRANCISCO NOT YET

I am very impressed by the speed of the process, and hopefully the last 2 steps in the list above would go as smooth as the earlier ones. I'll keep the board posted.

Comment

HI captain_crunch,

Just curious to know if there is any update on your status, have the documents been dispatched yet?

I have sent the docs few days after you and have been granted the OCI, according to the online status, and my status says the same.

Date Of Acknowledgment: 21-FEB-2012
            Photo/Signature at Mission : Scanned On 22-FEB-2012
            Registration Status at Mission : Granted On 22-FEB-2012
            Documents Printing Status: PRINTED On 24-FEB-2012
            Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ): NEW DELHI On NOT DISPATCHED

Comment

It got done super fast and dispatched from Delhi on the 14th, but there are no further updates.

I'll give it one more week before I email travisa unless fellow immihelp members think this delay is normal.

Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ): NEW DELHI On 14-FEB-2012

Best of luck!

Comment

FYI, one time it took 3 days and another time it was 7 days for me(I had to apply separately for different family members)..

Comment

Originally posted by milli View Post
                  FYI, one time it took 3 days and another time it was 7 days for me(I had to apply separately for different family members)..
                  Thanks for the info!

BTW, 7 business days or calendar days? Hopefully next week I should hear something from Travisa, assuming the Consulate received the docs from Delhi and have informed them.

Comment

Originally posted by captain_crunch View Post
                    It got done super fast and dispatched from Delhi on the 14th, but there are no further updates.

I'll give it one more week before I email travisa unless fellow immihelp members think this delay is normal.

Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ): NEW DELHI On 14-FEB-2012

Best of luck!
                    Still......OK with me, I am very impressed, did not expect for the process to be this fast.

Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Thanks for the info!

BTW, 7 business days or calendar days? Hopefully next week I should hear something from Travisa, assuming the Consulate received the docs from Delhi and have informed them.

It was calendar days.

Comment

Originally posted by milli View Post
                        It was calendar days.
                        Thanks for the reply! I just checked and ours still says that SF has not received them.

Comment

Hi

My Application Status shows dispatched from MOIA on the 28th

Photo/Signature at Mission : Scanned On 22-FEB-2012
                          Registration Status at Mission : Granted On 22-FEB-2012
                          Documents Printing Status PRINTED On 25-FEB-2012
                          Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ): NEW DELHI: On 28-FEB-2012

Comment

Today I got 2 emails (1 for me, 1 for my wife) from Travisa saying the have processed the documents after being received at the Consulate, and we should send them our US passports. So I assume they received it yesterday 02/29/2012.

That said, I am not sure if I should send both our passports in 1 envelope, or send them in 2 different ones. I was thinking of just using one with my tracking number on the envelope - they ask for a copy of the email which has a barcode, so they can identify our applications anyway.

Anyone on the forums has any recommendations on sending them together vs. separate? I plan to send them on Monday morning.

Comment

Today I got 2 emails (1 for me, 1 for my wife) from Travisa saying the have processed the documents after being received at the Consulate, and we should send them our US passports. So I assume they received it yesterday 02/29/2012.

That said, I am not sure if I should send both our passports in 1 envelope, or send them in 2 different ones. I was thinking of just using one with my tracking number on the envelope - they ask for a copy of the email which has a barcode, so they can identify our applications anyway.

Anyone on the forums has any recommendations on sending them together vs. separate? I plan to send them on Monday morning.
                              You can send them in a single envelope by sticking both your tracking bar codes from travisa on it.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X