Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PIO Card for new born with fathers L1B extention denied

Hi,

My husbands Visa extension was denied on April 2012. Due to medical condition me and my baby could not return back to India. Currently we do not have any valid visa.
    Our baby was born in 2nd week of April. Need inputs on below queries.
    1. Can we get the PIO card for our baby eventhough my husbands Visa is denied?
    2. If not, what are the other options to travel back to India with our Baby?

Entry Visa

Also Can I apply for Entry Visa for my baby in case if I cannot apply for PIO?
    To get Entry Visa for my baby , is it required that parents should have valid approved visa ?

Pls reapond to the post if u have come across same situation and whats the solution for the same.

Need urgent help.
    Thanks

Comment

Hi PP77,

I am sorry to hear about your predicament. This is indeed a difficult issue. I hope you have already found a solution, but please read on.

I chanced to speak to the Travisa people just this afternoon with regard to my own situation, prior to seeing your post this evening.

According to the lady I spoke with, a valid visa is needed for the Indian consulate to process either the PIO application or a entry visa. I am assuming that she also meant valid I-94 date, even if the stamped visa date has expired. That is the case for me, as my I-94 is valid for another 6 weeks while the visa stamp has expired. We are trying to file the extension in time, and it might be touch and go. We also have to apply for our minor son's PIO, which we will be doing shortly.

Unfortunately, I do not have the expertise to give you any advice in this area, though I can suggest that it might be helpful to explore secondary channels in the Indian Consulate, or the Ministry of External Affairs if possible. It may also be worth directly approaching the Indian Ambassador's office to US in Washington DC, as this situation is something that needs a sensitive handling rather than a bureaucratic one. I hope they will give this a high priority. Please email them or call them, as they are can may be able to help Indian citizens in such situations of need. Another alternative is to email your senator or congressman's office explaining the situation, and asking them to explore this issue with their contacts in the Indian embassy in DC.

i wish you the best of luck and hope they find a solution soon,

Comment

Thanks RR44

Hi RR44,

Can you please give me the Travisa contact number where you called up for the enquiry. I am trying to call them on the no which is provided on the site, however it asks for application ID. I havent yet applied for PIO or Entry Visa. Hence cannot provide the application ID>

I just wanted to know the general info about the question I have asked.

Also if we go to Travisa site and chech the documents required for Entry Visa, it doesnot mention about the valid Visa status required for parents. However but for PIO, it is mention we need to provide the valid Visa status documents of parents while applying for PIO card.

Also any idea if both the parents Valid I-94 is reuired for Entry Visa? Or else any ones valid I94 will suffice.

Apprecaite your help.

Thanks

Comment

Hi PP77, sorry I am responding only now after the weekend.

I was able to reach Travisa people by calling their contact number (for me this was their Houston number). You can find the most relevant number via the contact information on their website at https://indiavisa.travisaoutsourcing.com/contact-us based on your jurisdiction

Also, when you call, you do not need to enter the application ID. I did not have that the first 4-5 times that I called. Once you hear the menu, hit 0 and maybe # to take you to a live person to whom you can explain the situation.

Based on my conversation with the Travisa lady, it does appear that the Indian consulate requires a valid visa (i mean with an I-94 that is currently valid) to process either the PIO or the entry visa. But I am also not sure if they need a valid visa for both parents for the entry visa. It would be very helpful to know in case you are able to get a accurate reply to this query.

I have heard different Travisa helpline people tell me different versions, so I hope you are able to get a more helpful person on the phone than I did. In case you don't, try calling back a few more times till you are able to discuss this in detail.

best of luck

Comment

Originally posted by PP77 View Post
            Hi,

My husbands Visa extension was denied on April 2012. Due to medical condition me and my baby could not return back to India. Currently we do not have any valid visa.
            Our baby was born in 2nd week of April. Need inputs on below queries.
            1. Can we get the PIO card for our baby eventhough my husbands Visa is denied?
            2. If not, what are the other options to travel back to India with our Baby?
            Dear PP77,
            Can you please share how did you resolved the situation. As i am in the same bucket and need your advice.

Comment

PIO for Minor Kid

I was in the same situation while i was at US wherein my visa L1B was in extension while my son was born and ultimately got denied. Below is what i did for getting a PIO card for my son

First of all if your visa is already in extension and your kid is born during that time you can not apply for PIO in USA and the application will be denied my Indian Consulate so do not waste time applying for a PIO instead apply for an Entry(x)visa and get your kid to India without hassles. Indian consulate will issue the entry visa. Please note that although you can get a visa with max term of 5 years but the max time you can stay in one go is 6 months

After landing in India you can apply for PIO via FRRO if you have a visa validity of more than 1 year.Now you need to be lucky enough to have a FRRO in your city. FRRO is in the following cities at this point.
              In case you do not come under any of the cities listed in the website above then you have to send the application to delhi office yourself which becomes problamatic

Luckily for me i stay at mumbai and oersonally applied at FRRO mumbai. It took 45 days for the PIO card to be issued

Now i have read in lot of forums that you need to appostille your childs birth certificate and re apostille at new delhi. I had got my sons birth certificate apostilled at USA and that worked.

I never saw a proper reply on any forumso thought would just share my story of getting a PIO

Cheers

Comment

PIO card for new born with parents Valid i-94

Hi Guys,

I have been following this and related threads from quite some time now but i am not very sure if any one with similar case have got their kids PIO.
                My case is -
                My VISA is already expired in Jan-14, have valid I-94 till Jul-2016 (same is the case for my spouse)
                We have a new born kid and are planning to apply for PIO.

Does BLS accept valid I-94 for providing PIO? did any one received PIO on just valid i-94 ?
                I don't understand the logic for denying PIO on valid i-94, when US allows I-94 as valid status for everything as long as you are in country .Do we need to give any other supporting doc from employer to help with such cases?

Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X