No announcement yet.

light color vs white photo background?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• light color vs white photo background?

Hi everyone, I recently got passport-size photos taken for all my kids and myself, and have just read that the OCI application requires a light colored but NOT white background? We got them taken with white backgrounds. Is this going to get our applications returned? Is this requirement the same with Travisa?

Originally posted by schindia View Post
    Hi everyone, I recently got passport-size photos taken for all my kids and myself, and have just read that the OCI application requires a light colored but NOT white background? We got them taken with white backgrounds. Is this going to get our applications returned? Is this requirement the same with Travisa?
    Travisa does require passport photographs with light color background and NOT white background. Commenting on whether the applications will be returned due to this reason will be speculation.

To rule out the possibility it woudl be better to get them re-taken with color background. Alternatively it can be taken at home with any reasonable digital camera with the color (light) background and taken to CVS for prints. This method is very cost effective.

Comment

requirement is White background in checklist

If you read the checklist carefully, you will see that the requirement is "white background" though elsewhere as you mention, the light but not white ****** is also stated. I'm going to go with the checklist description - am Canadian applying from Canada by the way.

Comment

BLS contradicts in instruction vs requirement

I got application status pending and additional documents required. In additional documents they mentioned reason of pending application is "Photo with White background required". Its most stupid thing from BLS . Not only in their OCI instructions page but also in their online application Part A & part B instruction page(what you receive as ToDos from BLS after you hit submit button on Online Application A & B ) what means they sent a clear instruction to Applicant to send photo with color background. Well i followed their instruction , did enough effort to get a photo with colored background(immihelp really helped to get this with specifications) and sent them. They returned with required documents as "Photo with White background". I escalated three times and each ticket they closed by adding the note("Embassy requires 2X2 white background photo" . BLS really sucks and finally i decided to post a complain to BBB and i was not surprised ..many frustrated folks already filed complains there.

Never mind, but if you are sending a colored photo to follow instructions , i will advise to send one or two copies with white background too and so not to leave any possibility to delay your application or wasting your fedex money. Good luck

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X