Group Insurance for a small Business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group Insurance for a small Business

I'm expecting to move to US and start a business in a year or so and would have at least one partner employee to help me out in the beginning. I'm planning to purchase a group insurance for medical and prescription for this small group of two employees (size is expected to grow over time!). I'm aware that my partner in this operation has a pre-existing medical condition. So would my company qualify for this group medical insurance with two employee families and expenses for pre-existing condition be covered? Thanks for your input

That really depends upon what state you would be located in.

Whether it is a group insurance or individual insurance, insurance companies look at whether they would benefit from getting your business or not. If giving insurance to your group is going to be overall profitable for them, they would give insurance. Otherwise, they wouldn't.

In certain states, they can't reject groups but the premiums may be so high that you can't practically afford to pay the premiums.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

Thanks Narendra.
      Is Texas one of the states where insurance providers can't decline group coverage? If not, what states are included in this...just for my knowledge.
      Thanks for answering this!

Comment

From what I know, in Texas, group health insurance coverage can't be declined. And insurance company can charge as much as 67% extra premium compared to regular premium.
        Thanks & Regards
        Insubuy
        Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
        Local: (972) 985-4400
        Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X