Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Health insurance quote for a J2 visa holder

Hi,

I’ll be visiting USA with a J2 visa, as the dependent of my husband, who will be issued a J1 visa through Cultural Vistas and I’d like to get a health insurance quote from you.

Can you please contact me through this email address and I’ll write back the requirements of my insurance, along with my personal information.

Regards,

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Insubuy for your insurance needs.

In order to better assist you please provide the state that you will need coverage in, your age and the list of requirement that are needed for coverage.

Upon receiving this information we will respond with plans that will satisfy your requirements.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

Hello, thank you for the prompt response.

As the J2 visa holder, my date of birth is 29-03-1983 and I need the coverage between 03-07-2017 (March 7) and 02-12-2018 (Feb 12).

The insurance requirements are as below:

“U.S. Federal Regulations state that all accompanying dependents that enter the United States under the sponsorship of Cultural Vistas must be covered by health and accident insurance for the entire duration of the training program. The minimum requirements for insurance are:
      1. medical bene ts of at least $100,000 per accident or illness;
      2. repatriation of remains in the amount of $25,000;
      3. expenses associated with medical evacuation from the United States to the participant’s home country in the amount of $50,000; and
      4. a deductible not to exceed $500 per accident or illness.
      The insurance policy must also be underwritten by an insurance corporation having an A.M. Best rating of A- or above, a Fitch Ratings, Inc. rating
      of “A-“ or above; a Moody’s Investor Services rating of “A3” or above, a Standard & Poor’s Claims-paying Ability rating of A- or above, or a Weiss Research, Inc. rating of B+ or above OR be backed by the full faith and credit of the government of the exchange visitor’s home country. For full details please reference the Code of Federal Regulations (22 CFR Part 62).”

Let me know if you need further information.

Thanks & Regards,

Comment

Hello,

That state will you need coverage in?
        Thanks & Regards
        Insubuy

Comment

Hello, it’s California.

By the way, will I be able to get my policy as an online document, right after I purchase the insurance on your site?

Comment

Hello,

We have many insurance plans that meets standard J1/J2 visa requirements. You can purchase either Atlas Exchange or Patriot Exchange plan.

Atlas Exchange brochure, instant purchase link,
            ExchangeGuard Insurance - ExchangeGuard Health Insurance - Student Medical Insurance for International Scholars traveling to the US for Study

Patriot Exchange brochure, instant purchase link,
            Patriot Exchange Program Insurance - J1 visa compliant health insurance for exchange visitors and research scholars. Patriot Exchange insurance is underwritten by SiriusPoint Specialty Insurance Corporation and administered by International Medical Group(IMG)

You can compare these plans at,

You should purchase the insurance before the departure date.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.
            Thanks & Regards
            Insubuy

Comment

Hi,

I’m comparing the J2 insurance plans and I’d be happy if you could assist me on a few points:

Can you please explain the difference between Atlas Exchange 6 months and 12 months Pre-ex plans? I couldn’t understand what Pre-existing conditions waiting period mean.

And if both plans cover the insurance requirements I had emailed you yesterday, why should one choose the Patriot plan over the Atlas plan? The insurance terms are hard to understand for me and it’s taking a lot of time to look them up one by one. Can you please give me a short overview for these?

Thank you in advance.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Insubuy.

The difference between the Atlas Exchange 6 month and the Atlas Exchange 12 month pre-ex plans is the waiting period for pre-existing conditions.

A waiting period is the amount of time that a plan has before anything related to pre-existing condition would be covered. So for the first 6 or 12 months depending upon the plan nothing related to the pre-existing conditions if there are any would be covered.

The plans are different in some aspects although they are similar plans. They will both meet your requirements for coverage. We would recommend comparing the plans side by side using the comparison feature on the website. It will help with making an informed decision on the plans.

If you have specific questions about the plans we are more than happy to answer them.
                Thanks & Regards
                Insubuy

Comment

Okay, now I understand. Since I don’t have much pre-existing conditions, I think 12 month program would be a good fit for my needs.

Also I used the comparison feature on the site, thank you for pointing that too.

I just noticed something though: Our sponsor has this insurance requirement: "medical benefits of at least $100,000 per accident or illness” but the Atlas Exchange plan’s Chosen Policy Maximum is described as “Lifetime maximum applicant: $100.000” whereas Patriot’s is explained as “per incident Applicant: $100.000” So this makes me think that Atlas Exchange doesn’t cover my requirements. Is that correct?

Another thing is about repatriation: I checked the brochures of Atlas Exchange 12 months and Patriot and here’s what I see: For Atlas Exchange it is specified as Repatriation of Remains: Overall maximum limit (I’m guessing that this is $100.000 right?) and on Patriot as: Political Evacuation and Repatriation: $10.000 Lifetime maximum. In my requirements, I have “repatriation of remains in the amount of $25,000” So this time it seems like the Patriot plan is not covering my repatriation requirement. Am I understanding this wrong?

Again, thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.

Regards,

Comment

Hello,

The Atlas Exchange does meet the requirements as listed. The certificate wording https://www.insubuy.com/atlas-exchan...-insurance.pdf shows on page 7 Article 7 under overall max the benefit for “Max per injury/illness”.

The Patriot Exchange also meets the requirements as listed. The correct section to find repatriation of remains is under return of mortal remains. It’s different wording for the same benefit.

If you need additional assistance please feel free to contact our office.
                    Thanks & Regards
                    Insubuy

Comment

Ok perfect. I’ll go ahead and purchase the Atlas Exchange 12 Months Pre-Ex plan then.

Thank you for your assistance and have a great day.

Comment

Atlas Exchange brochure, instant purchase link,
                        ExchangeGuard Insurance - ExchangeGuard Health Insurance - Student Medical Insurance for International Scholars traveling to the US for Study

Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.
                        Thanks & Regards
                        Insubuy

Comment

Thank you for the link. When I filled in the form, I got a lower quote than I got while I was comparing the plans, which is great.

Sorry but just to make super sure, I want to confirm this again: In our case, my husband, as the J1 holder, will already be insured through Cultural Vistas. So, I’m going to purchase the Atlas Exchange 12 months plan, only for myself as the J2 visa holder, by putting in my information as the primary insured. So I won’t be putting in my husband’s details into the forms as my spouse, I provide only my own information.

So my question is: This Atlas Exchange plan is a valid insurance when it’s purchased only for the J2 visa holder, assuming the J1 holder is insured through the sponsor, is that correct?

Comment

Thank you for contacting Insubuy.

The Atlas Exchange Program is valid for you as a J visa holder even with you as the primary on the policy. Your husband is not required to be on the policy with your for coverage.

If there are any questions that you have please feel free to contact our office.
                            Thanks & Regards
                            Insubuy

Comment

Hello,

2 days ago I purchased my Atlas Exchange plan from Insubuy as a J2 applicant. After providing our sponsor with the insurance documents, our they had an urgent and important request from us. They require that a representative from the Atlas Insurance Company must sign and date page 5 of the attached application document, to confirm that the Dependent insurance plan will meet the U.S. State Department requirements.

I am sending you my policy document and my J2 application form, in the attachments.

Can you please do that and send me back the scanned document? If you can’t, can you please point me in the direction of who can? Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Regards,

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X