No announcement yet.

Police Clearance Certificate for US Visa - New Delhi - Passport Address Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Clearance Certificate for US Visa - New Delhi - Passport Address Issue

My wife has a visa appointment in Delhi US Embassy next month to obtain a returning resident visa as she is Green card hold who stayed outside of USA for more than a year without a permit.

One of the requirements for the appointment is a PCC i.e. Police Clearance Certificate. When she went to the Passport Seva Kendra in Ghaziabad (where her parents now live), she has been told by the official there that since her passport has New Delhi address (where they lived few years ago when she got her passport), she needs to get the address changed on the passport.

I feel that it is too risky to submit the passport for change of address because we are worried about the scenario where she might not have passport in hand at the time of visa interview. The interview date is difficult to get for such category of visas. I want to understand the following:

1. If US embassy allows a PCC from a local police station instead of the Passport Kendra?

2. It is impractical to keep updating your address on the passport each time you move. How do people manage to get a PCC from a Passport Seva Kendra if their current residence is different from what is there on the passport.

Any insights you can provide will be of great help. Thank you in advance!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X