Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

URGENT! Power of Attorney attestation in DC, should I get it notarized first?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT! Power of Attorney attestation in DC, should I get it notarized first?

Folks,

I need to prepare a Power Of Attorney (POA) in name of my father on an URGENT BASIS. I'm an Indian Passport Holder with US Green Card and I'll be going to the embassy in person.
    Kindly help me clarify the following points:
    1. Do I need to get the POA document notarized before going to the embassy? The embassy website is clear on not requiring it to be Apostilled, but not on getting it notarized
    2. I have read online that I should sign it only in front of an officer in the embassy. However, if I need to get it notarized, I will have to sign it in front of the notary?

Originally posted by puneet1135 View Post
    Folks,

I need to prepare a Power Of Attorney (POA) in name of my father on an URGENT BASIS. I'm an Indian Passport Holder with US Green Card and I'll be going to the embassy in person.
    Kindly help me clarify the following points:
    1. Do I need to get the POA document notarized before going to the embassy? The embassy website is clear on not requiring it to be Apostilled, but not on getting it notarized
    2. I have read online that I should sign it only in front of an officer in the embassy. However, if I need to get it notarized, I will have to sign it in front of the notary?

Hi Puneet - did you get an answer on above? Also what about witness. how do you handle the scenario. Below is what is mentioned on the website

" Power of Attorney needs to be signed and witnessed by two US-based individuals with their names and addresses clearly mentioned and Notarized beforehand. "

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X