Employment-Based Interview was scheduled but applied for Marriage-based AOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employment-Based Interview was scheduled but applied for Marriage-based AOS

I filed concurrently in February with my husband for adjustment of status. Here is our timeline:

Forms submitted: I-130, I-130A, I-485, I-765
    2/5/2018: Package received at USCIS
    2/14/2018: I-797 NOA letters received in mail
    2/24/2018: Biometrics Letter received
    3/8/2018: Biometrics Done
    4/9/2018: Case updated online to "Employment-Based Interview Scheduled"

Does anyone know why I received this when I applied for a marriage-based adjustment of status? I have not received my EAD card yet. I am currently still on my student visa but doing OPT which expires June 14th. I thought I would be receiving my EAD first. I am so confused and stressed at the same time.

Thanks.

It has happened to 100s of people due to system glitch. Nothing to worry. Just a google search will confirm it. Congrats on the quick interview scheduled. Which field office?
    Filing Type: Marriage to USC

3/20/18: Package sent
    3/21/18: Package received, PD
    3/27/18: Checks cashed
    3/31/18: NoAs recvd via mail
    4/06/18: Biometrics appt recvd for 4/17
    4/09/18: Early walk-in Biometrics appt
    4/16/18: We reviewed your biometrics
    4/25/18: We are ready to schedule your interview
    4/30/18: We scheduled your interview
    5/03/18: EAD approved (expedited)
    5/05/18: Interview notice recvd for 6/07/18
    6/07/18: Approved on the spot!

Comment

Thanks for the reassurance. I live in Chicago and sent my documents to the Lockbox downtown.

Comment

Originally posted by newgradgirl View Post
        I filed concurrently in February with my husband for adjustment of status. Here is our timeline:

Forms submitted: I-130, I-130A, I-485, I-765
        2/5/2018: Package received at USCIS
        2/14/2018: I-797 NOA letters received in mail
        2/24/2018: Biometrics Letter received
        3/8/2018: Biometrics Done
        4/9/2018: Case updated online to "Employment-Based Interview Scheduled"

Does anyone know why I received this when I applied for a marriage-based adjustment of status? I have not received my EAD card yet. I am currently still on my student visa but doing OPT which expires June 14th. I thought I would be receiving my EAD first. I am so confused and stressed at the same time.

Thanks.
        Consider yourself lucky and take it. That likely sped up the process for you and anyone else who was affected by that "glitch". I do not think it was a glitch. I honestly think it was a clueless new-hire who mis-classified a bunch of people. And now USCIS is saying glitch.

Please let the forum know how it goes! Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by newgradgirl View Post
          Thanks for the reassurance. I live in Chicago and sent my documents to the Lockbox downtown.
          I just had the same thing happen to me. Marriage based AOS.
          Pd 3/23/18
          Biometrics 4/23/18
          Interview Scheduled 5/10/18
          But it says employment based Interview.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnandPaloma View Post
            I just had the same thing happen to me. Marriage based AOS.
            Pd 3/23/18
            Biometrics 4/23/18
            Interview Scheduled 5/10/18
            But it says employment based Interview.
            Please follow my advice. Do not call to ask and confirm if it's marriage based. I consulted with an attorney on Friday, and was told that USCIS has started to retract those interview appointments when people alert them of the glitch. The attorney said clients called USCIS, then USCIS called the law firm and cancelled those appointments and rescheduled for MUCH LATER, MONTHS. WHY? Because they are skipping the line and there are people waiting since at least October 2016. So just take the blessing and help others once you get through it. Karma and Darma. Yin Yan. Restore the balance by helping others.

Comment

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
              Please follow my advice. Do not call to ask and confirm if it's marriage based. I consulted with an attorney on Friday, and was told that USCIS has started to retract those interview appointments when people alert them of the glitch. The attorney said clients called USCIS, then USCIS called the law firm and cancelled those appointments and rescheduled for MUCH LATER, MONTHS. WHY? Because they are skipping the line and there are people waiting since at least October 2016. So just take the blessing and help others once you get through it. Karma and Darma. Yin Yan. Restore the balance by helping others.
              --------------------------------------------------------------------------
              I think they have now fixed the issue. Mine said "Employment based interview scheduled" too, I went in for my interview as scheduled. Officer told me to check online for updates as to the process of my GC. This morning I realized it now says, "interview was scheduled". I guess who got the Employment based schedule before are the lucky ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Tangydee View Post
                I think they have now fixed the issue. Mine said "Employment based interview scheduled" too, I went in for my interview as scheduled. Officer told me to check online for updates as to the process of my GC. This morning I realized it now says, "interview was scheduled". I guess who got the Employment based schedule before are the lucky ones.
                Probably they have by now. Everyone started calling. Eventually they were going to catch it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tangydee View Post
                  Yes my interview is scheduled for next week and they just updated my case status to say ?Interview was Scheduled? instead of ?Employment basedClick image for larger version

Name:	CF8B0A99-80DC-4CF9-A5CA-AB6B6B074045.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	590755 Interview was scheduled?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X