Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PERM Audit and H1B 6 year max out

Hi
    My H1B 6 year is ending on Oct 8 2014. PERM applied on Oct 7 2013. Now I got PERM audit and my employer submitted the requested documents.
    In the current situation, it will take at least 10 months to get a result from an audited case.

I would like to know what are my options to stay in US.
    I know we can apply for 1 year extension if PERM is pending 365 days. But here Completing 365 days is just 1 day before the H1b 6 year max.
    So is it possible for ,me applying extension on Oct 7 and stay here or I need to go back to India and apply extension from there and if it approve then re-enter US?

Experts please help
    Thanks

There are two situations that you can apply extension beyond 6 years limit.

1, if you has filed LCA 365 days before the expiration of the six-year period, and the Green Card process is still ongoing, you can extend H-1B on annual basis.

2, If you have an approved I-140, and the immigration visa number is not available due to visa retrogression, you can also extend to on a three year basis beyong 6 years limit. There is no 365 limitation.

In your case, you are qualified to apply for the 7th year extension based on the first situation.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X