Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VISA options and advice for partner of H1B holder

Hi all,

I am currently liaising with an employer about a role in NYC (they are cap exempt) and I qualify for the H1B Visa. My partner is looking to move with me however we are struggling to find what options he has.

He maybe able to apply for an L1 transfer if his company allows this. If so does anyone know how long this could take and the cost?

If he is unable to do this he does not qualify for an H1B. He has over 14 years experience working in hospitality and also has over 3 years experience working in film and tv as crew for a commercial production. The company has global offices. He has no degree.

We are not married at the minute but will be next year, however we may have to move to the US before this happens (or at least I will)

What options do we have in terms of what VISA is suitable for him as even if he is on an H4 Visa I am unsure if he will be able to amend status to another VISA due to his career/experience, unless it is an H2 but again not sure if he would qualify for this.

Can anyone tell me what is possible?

Would I be able to ask the employer for an EB3 Visa instead of an H1B so he could come and then find work or does this require other processes/timescales and costs?

Any information would be great as I am speaking to the employer now and they would be looking to move quickly.

Thank you.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X