• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different Employment Verification Letters cover all the skills

Hello,

I have some doubt.

My background:

After my B.E. (Bachelors of Engineering), which I did in India, I worked for employer A in India for 4 months. After that, I came for my M.S. in the US. After finishing M.S., I worked for employer B (in the US) for more than 2 years and then for employer C (in the US) for 1 year. Currently, I am working with employer D for more than 2 years. This employer (employer D) is filing for my Green Card.

Green card process for me till now:

When employer D started my green card process, they filed for prevailing wage request. In one of the forms, they have mentioned 10 skills, which have to be covered in my employment verification letters. Suppose, they came up with 10 skills: s1, s2, s3, s4, s5, s6, s7, s8, s9, s10. Now, I am in the process of getting employment verification letters from my previous employers in the US (employer B and employer C). Employer B is ready to give me only 8 skills on employment verification letter: s1, s2, s3, s4, s5, s6, s7, s8 (not ready to give me s9 and s10). Employer C is ready to give me 8 skills: s1, s2, s3, s4, s5, s6, s7, s9 (not ready to give me s8 and s10). This means, those 2 letters cover s1...s7 in common. One letter covers s8 and other covers s9. s10 is not covered in any of the letters.

Now, this being the situation, we have 2 options:
    (i) Go back and initiate PERM again with only the skills which employer B and employer C are willing to give or
    (ii) Approach employer A (from India where I worked after my Bachelors for 4 months) and get letter from them which will cover at least skill s10 (I am sure they will cover more skills too other than s10). If I go by this approach, each employment verification letter will not cover all the skills, but each skill will be covered in at least one of the letters.

If I go with option (i), then it will mean going 5 weeks back (delay in the process) and more cost to my employer.

Hence, I am thinking of going for option (ii).

My doubts are as follows:

(1) If I go with option (ii) and get letter from employer A from India (where I worked only for 4 months) which has skills with one of the skills being s10 (which was not covered in any of the letters earlier), then will I be on the safe side? To rephrase the question: Will it be fine if each employment verification letter does not cover all the skills, but each skill is covered in at least one of the letters? (Note: My employer has mentioned that 'some' experience is needed with skills: s1...s10. Hence, as per my attorney, it should be fine even if every skill is covered in at least one of the letters. But, I still want to confirm if each letter does not cover all the skills, but each skill is covered in at least one of the letters, I will be safe or not.)

(2) Which is better option: option (i) or option (ii)?

(3) If there is any other option, please let me know.

Thanks for reading the long post and thanks in advance for your advice!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X