Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade to EB-2 after I-140?

Hi All,

My company had agreed to initiate the green card process in EB-2 category. After having discussions with the Attorney and Immigration team, they informed me that they would not be able to file my application in EB-2 category since I was missing one of the certifications required for the Job Description for the Manager. They gave me an option to file my application on EB-3 now and once I complete my certification (which may take an year) they would upgrade to EB-2. How much time would I loose here? Will my processing get delayed because of this? Will the upgrade to EB-2 happen after I-140 is approved?, If yes, how long does it take for I-140 to get approved once the GC application is initiated in EB-2/EB-3 category/

Looking forward for the responses.

Please excuse if I'm ignorant in this topic.

Thanks
    Johen

Originally posted by Johenby View Post
    Hi All,

My company had agreed to initiate the green card process in EB-2 category. After having discussions with the Attorney and Immigration team, they informed me that they would not be able to file my application in EB-2 category since I was missing one of the certifications required for the Job Description for the Manager. They gave me an option to file my application on EB-3 now and once I complete my certification (which may take an year) they would upgrade to EB-2. How much time would I loose here? Will my processing get delayed because of this? Will the upgrade to EB-2 happen after I-140 is approved?, If yes, how long does it take for I-140 to get approved once the GC application is initiated in EB-2/EB-3 category/

Looking forward for the responses.

Please excuse if I'm ignorant in this topic.

Thanks
    Johen
    If you are from one of the backlogged countries you should take their offer. First get the priority date (position in the GC line) through eb3 and then you can upgrade to eb2

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X