No announcement yet.

Questions regarding tourist Schengen visa to Germany not mentioned in website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions regarding tourist Schengen visa to Germany not mentioned in website

Hi,

I have an appointment for Schengen tourist visa to Germany next week. I am an Indian citizen (H1B visa stamped). I have a few questions which are not mentioned in the website clearly:

1) I already have medical health coverage provided by my employer but it does not cover medical evacuation and repatriation, so to cover that I am purchasing additional travel insurance (Atlas Travel Medical Insurance) of $50,000USD for the entire duration of my stay. Do I need to have $0(Zero) deductible for my coverage? Does my coverage has to extend like a certain number of days (ex - 15 days) after my departure from Schengen region or it has to cover only my exact duration of stay?

2) The medical insurance requirements in the website say it has to include dental treatment, the additional travel insurance will cover only emergency dental services, will that be fine?

3) Do I need to have a confirmed paid return flight ticket from USA or an itinerary of airline reservation is enough? Unless I get the tourist visa, it becomes difficult to book a confirmed flight ticket.

4) Do I need to have confirmed booked hotel reservation for each day of my stay in Schengen region or an itinerary of reservation is enough?

5) I am paying for my trip myself, I will have the bank statements, is the online statement copy enough or do I need to have some signature from the bank authorities?

I will travel to Germany, Italy and then from Spain back to USA. I tried contacting the German consulate, they did not provide me with any concrete answers and just advised me to bring all the documents.

Thanks.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X