Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"To... From" With an early arrival do I need a new visa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "To... From" With an early arrival do I need a new visa?

I recently obtained a visa for travel to France. The dates of Validity say from Sept 1 to Oct 1. However, my flight is getting bumped up to Aug 29. Will I need to get a new visa if I arrive before the start date printed on the Schengen Visa? (And if I get a new visa, do I need to cancel my old one?)

(I was surprised that the visa wasn't valid from the moment I was handed it in the embassy. I probably should have looked at that time, but it simply didn't occur to me that the start date wasn't immediate.)

I saw one website that seemed to suggest I didn't need to do anything:

The website writes:

"Any Schengen visa endorsed in your passport that has not yet expired is considered to be an active visa, even if it has a start date that is yet to commence."

Can anyone verify this statement (e.g., provide a link to a government website stating the same?)

Thanks

A

Hi,

I'm currently facing the same problem: my Schengen visa is issued starting from Sep 2 but I am due to enter (via Greece) on Aug 28.

Just wanted to know what was your experience with that and how did it end up? Did you find out ultimately whether it is legally OK to do that?

Any Schengen visa endorsed in your passport that has not yet expired is considered to be an active visa, even if it has a start date that is yet to commence.

Any comments/help much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

Comment

Didn't take the gamble...

I didn't take the gamble.

If you arrive early, I have no idea what will happen.

I got a new visa with the correct date.

(Yes it was painful, but ultimately much safer)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X