Members
Tags
i797a x
  •  

• SJT
    started a topic H1b transfer without i-797a

H1b transfer without i-797a

Hi, 

My current situation is I got my H1B extension approved but haven't yet received the physical copy of I797A. I have an offer waiting since a long time and want to get my visa transferred.
    1. Is it possible for company B to file for transfer without the Extension...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by SJT; 07-09-2020, 09:50 PM. Reason: H1B Transfer

• rahul_34b
    started a topic H4 to H1 COS - I797

H4 to H1 COS - I797

Hello Experts,

I came to US on H4. My H1 petition got approved after coming to US(USCIS generated I797B for the same).

I have applied for change of status and it got approved(USCIS generated I797A for COS). My question is whether USCIS will take back the original I797B...
    See more | Go to post

• Travel to US with photocopy of H1 amendment

Hi all,

need your advise here. Location amendment for my H1 is approved this week while I am in India. I have photocopy of amendment document ( I 797 A) along with have original petition and valid visa

Is it okay to travel with photo copy. will there be any issues at...
    See more | Go to post

• dimhil
    started a topic Transfer of H4B along with H1B

Transfer of H4B along with H1B

Hi All,

I really need help and Advice for my issue.

I am currently on H1B with employer A and my wife is on H4B.
    I got my initial H1B from Sep 2015 to Sep 2016, for which I applied for extension and got I797A form till Sep 2019(for both h1 and h4)

See more | Go to post

• H1b Validity and I797A have different dates

I have my H1b stamped till 8/27/16, but my employer filed an amendment (I797A) which is valid till 4/3/17. My I94 still reflects 8/27/16 as the expiry date. I have plans of travelling to States in May 16, should I get it stamped to reflect the new I797A date on my passport..

Thanks for...
    See more | Go to post

• sriramks
    started a topic Got I797A instead of I797B

Got I797A instead of I797B

Hi

I dont have prior H1 VIsa and i am also not in US.

When i got my H1B petition approval i got an I797A with I94 instead of I797B

I am going to stamping with I797A is it Ok?

Will my Visa be rejected?

Regards
    Sriram
    See more | Go to post

• Shikhanshu Agarwal
    started a topic 221G questions

221G questions

Hello,

My wife recently had her H-1B stamping interview at US embassy in Delhi. The VO said "approved, you will get your passport in 2-3 days", but when she got her passport and I-797A back today, the passport wasn't stamped and she received a 221G (white slip) along with it...
    See more | Go to post

• I-797A lost which is required for H4 Stamping

Hi All,

I’ve lost my I-797A form somehow and it is now needed for H4 Visa stamping for my wife to travel.

Is there a way to get a duplicate copy of I-797A? If yes, how long will it take?

Is there any alternative to attend the interview without it. Kindly...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by kishorevvns; 12-25-2013, 12:36 AM.

• URGENT Grace period ending. No I94 for J2 in I797A, only I94 for J1. How'll J2 Travel

Brief summary:
    PLEASE HELP URGENTLY . WE NEED TO FLY IN 10 days. but no I94 was issued for J2 from USCIS during change of status, only I94 replacement for J1 was given at bottom of I797A.
    We were on F1 & F2 and switched to J1 and J2 in the US by filing I539. When we were approved, we received
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by drmandy; 09-04-2011, 03:25 AM. Reason: Updated copy. (Sorry for leaving the previous copy as separate entry)

• simmyp77
    started a topic what is I797A

what is I797A

does I797 A meaning the status shown in that form is active as per valid time period mentioned in there?
    My wife was on H4 and we applied for H1 through a consultancy. Now we received I797A but we were not looking transferring the status to H1 automatically. I heard from my friends that I797...
    See more | Go to post

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X