Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chances of B2 Visa? And tips/help please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chances of B2 Visa? And tips/help please?

-Applying in London as a Romanian citizen but lived in the UK for 4 years.
    -In first year of university in UK for pharmacy (good paying career in UK). I have 3 more years of university after this year. I'll get a letter from school stating I'll be back after summer break in september 2014 to continue year 2. I also will be in $25k (£15k) in debt for this year of study which I owe to UK government if that matters any, should I show papers confirming this or something?
    -I have over $6k+ in the bank at the moment and will receive another $5k for loans so I have plenty of money for the vacation (I don't spend much money where I am).
    -19 Years old.
    -Parents live in UK, I'm their only daughter/no siblings.
    -No relatives/friends in USA.
    -I rent a place but it's a monthly to monthly basis so no long term contract but we get hand written receipts from landlord when we pay with cash(It's shared with my boyfriend who is an American citizen :/ and both of our names are on the rental agreement). In my bank statement you could see monthly withdrawals (usually unless I had cash on hand) for half the rent.
    -Want to go visit Florida (Orlando and Miami/keys) for 4 weeks during summer (Disney land, beaches, etc), I'll have a paper listed with the dates and places I want to be.
    -Friends had the idea and they might go so I really want to go. BF also said he might go but not sure because of school (he's doing dentistry). If no one else goes I'd still like to go alone. If they ask who I'm going with what should I say since I'm not sure yet? Is it likely they'll ask who I'm going with?

What would be my chances of being granted a B2 visa for this summer? When should I apply because it's possible I could get a 6 month visa which might be expiring near the time I want to go, so should I wait a month or so? Thanks very much.
    Last edited by ujik; 01-22-2014, 08:01 AM.

very young, single ,migrant from romania( migratory potential), student debt , going for a casual purpose( vacation)
    all combined points to a potential to immigrate to US . ( section 214b denial).

To succeed you must show strong financial ties to UK,not just $5-6k in your bank ,
    like your parents well earning and well settled in UK. , and you can show they are funding your studies
    and will fund your trip to US with friends( not alone), you may have a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
      very young, single ,migrant from romania( migratory potential), student debt , going for a casual purpose( vacation)
      all combined points to a potential to immigrate to US . ( section 214b denial).

To succeed you must show strong financial ties to UK,not just $5-6k in your bank ,
      like your parents well earning and well settled in UK. , and you can show they are funding your studies
      and will fund your trip to US with friends( not alone), you may have a chance.
      They're not supporting me for the vacation or my studies though, I'm getting loans/etc from government.

Comment

you may try based on your current situation, though chances are not great in my opinion.
        your continuing education in UK is a positive factor. So, the officer may grant it to you if you are lucky.
        My suggestion is plan a trip with some friends. Going alone will be a negative.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X