Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

L2 visa for wife from second marriage

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Viva1425
    Member
    • Dec 2016
    • 4

    #1

    L2 visa for wife from second marriage

    When I applied for my L1 last year, I was separated with my first wife, but not legally divorced (case was in court), hence my company asked me to represent myself as married in my DS160 for my L1 visa. However before my travel to USA, I got my divorce decree from court & then I moved to USA alone. My ex-wife never applied for L2 visa, though she had B2 have travelled with me before on that.

    Now I am planning for my second marriage in January. And my would-be is also divorced earlier & have proper divorce decree from Indian courts.

    Since my initial visa application had name of my ex-wife, will it be a problem when my second wife will go for her L2 visa. What all extra documentations will be required?

    Thanks in advance.
  • Viva1425
    Member
    • Dec 2016
    • 4

    #2
    Any comments/suggestions?

    What are the chances of approval/rejection of the visa?

    Thanks in advance.

    Comment

    • Trinity71
      Senior Member
      • Jul 2015
      • 350

      #3
      Originally posted by Viva1425 View Post
      When I applied for my L1 last year, I was separated with my first wife, but not legally divorced (case was in court), hence my company asked me to represent myself as married in my DS160 for my L1 visa. However before my travel to USA, I got my divorce decree from court & then I moved to USA alone. My ex-wife never applied for L2 visa, though she had B2 have travelled with me before on that.

      Now I am planning for my second marriage in January. And my would-be is also divorced earlier & have proper divorce decree from Indian courts.

      Since my initial visa application had name of my ex-wife, will it be a problem when my second wife will go for her L2 visa. What all extra documentations will be required?

      Thanks in advance.
      I would keep copies of the prior divorce decree handy just in case they are needed if there is any question about your previous marriage or 1st wife's name on DS160, but once married your marriage license or decree should be sufficient.

      This is my opinion and not legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

      Trinity71
      Last edited by Trinity71; 04-03-2017, 02:37 PM.

      Comment

      • Viva1425
        Member
        • Dec 2016
        • 4

        #4
        Will there be any issue, since I mis-represented my marital status as "married" while I was "separated" & about to get divorce at the time of my visa application?

        Comment

        {{modal[0].title}}

        X

        {{modal[0].content}}

        {{promo.content}}

        Working...