Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Initiated application I485 as USC spouse,but online status shows Employment-Based

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Initiated application I485 as USC spouse,but online status shows Employment-Based

Hi All,

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this question, have been reading different experiences here about filing and processing times of I485 and I think you guys can help me. I filled form I485 and I765, for AOS as I'm married to a US citizen entered states on K1 visa in Nov, 2017. Below are my case details :

Applications received : Jan 19, 2018 at Chicago office
    Bio-metrics done : Feb 12, 2018
    receipt number : MSCxxxxxxxxxxxx

The whole time the online status stated 'Your case was received on Jan 23,2018. we are reviewing the same... etc'
    but today I got an email from USCIS-CaseStatus and it mentioned that they have scheduled my interview on March 26,2018 with below details :

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Testing and Interview

On March 26, 2018, we scheduled an interview for your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS, Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxxxx. We will mail you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

I got excited and checked the status on https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus but there is says **'Employment-Based Interview Was Scheduled'.**
    Now, I'm freaking out! How can this happen as I'm 100% sure I fiilled my forms correctly i.e. AOS based on the category 'Person admitted to US as Fiance of US citizen'. Also, I do have the digital copies of the forms which I sent.

Can anyone please help me in this scenario, has a similar thing happened to anyone else?
    Can't reach out to the customer care representative today as it is already past 6 PM. Please help or suggest what should I be doing next.

Weird - I got that response today too and my case is definitely a marriage-based application. Has anyone else had this experience?

Originally posted by someAlphabets View Post
    Hi All,

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this question, have been reading different experiences here about filing and processing times of I485 and I think you guys can help me. I filled form I485 and I765, for AOS as I'm married to a US citizen entered states on K1 visa in Nov, 2017. Below are my case details :

The whole time the online status stated 'Your case was received on Jan 23,2018. we are reviewing the same... etc'
    but today I got an email from USCIS-CaseStatus and it mentioned that they have scheduled my interview on March 26,2018 with below details :

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS

On March 26, 2018, we scheduled an interview for your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS, Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxxxx. We will mail you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

I got excited and checked the status on https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus but there is says **'Employment-Based Interview Was Scheduled'.**
    Now, I'm freaking out! How can this happen as I'm 100% sure I fiilled my forms correctly i.e. AOS based on the category 'Person admitted to US as Fiance of US citizen'. Also, I do have the digital copies of the forms which I sent.

Can anyone please help me in this scenario, has a similar thing happened to anyone else?
    Can't reach out to the customer care representative today as it is already past 6 PM. Please help or suggest what should I be doing next.

Comment

Originally posted by hgf View Post
      Weird - I got that response today too and my case is definitely a marriage-based application. Has anyone else had this experience?
      I called the USCIS customer service @ 1 (800) 375-5283 and had a talk with an Immigration Officer, the officer checked in their system and it shows that it is marriage based. The issue is on their site, the officer told me I'm good to go to attend my interview just need to tell the interviewer that this occurred. So I guess our cases are fine we just need to re-confirm the same by calling USCIS.

Also, can you please confirm your processing center?
      Last edited by someAlphabets; 03-27-2018, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Please i require your help

I have thesame problem like you. My case was updated yesterday with thesame problem but i think i have a little releace when i saw you last message. Please can you tell me how to enter in my receipt number on the telephone when i get on a with them because i have tried too many times but no success.

Thank you so much

I called the USCIS customer service @ 1 (800) 375-5283 and had a talk with an Immigration Officer, the officer checked in their system and it shows that it is marriage based. The issue is on their site, the officer told me I'm good to go to attend my interview just need to tell the interviewer that this occurred. So I guess our cases are fine we just need to re-confirm the same by calling USCIS.

Also, can you please confirm your processing center?

Comment

Originally posted by Bossman2007 View Post
          I have thesame problem like you. My case was updated yesterday with thesame problem but i think i have a little releace when i saw you last message. Please can you tell me how to enter in my receipt number on the telephone when i get on a with them because i have tried too many times but no success.

Thank you so much
          Hi,

I also had the same issue when I first called the USCIS customer care helpline, hope the below will help:

Call 1-800-375-5283;
          Press 1 to continue in English;
          Press 2 to check the status of an application;
          Press 1 if you know your receipt number;
          Enter your 13-character case number (ignore dashes, use 772 for SRC, 546 for LIN, etc.);
          Press 1 to confirm the number you entered;
          Listen to the current status of your case.

Got the above worked for me and got the details from - http://immigrationroad.com/resource/...atus-phone.php

Also, if talking to the customer care representative doesn't help - ask the representative to forward your call to an Immigration officer. There might be a huge wait time, in that case provide your phone number and name. They will call back after the wait time, be ready with the application details when you accept the call.
          Last edited by someAlphabets; 03-27-2018, 10:28 PM.

Comment

employment-based interview was scheduled

Mi caso es basado en matrimonio con ciudadana de Estados Unidos
            llegue con visa B1/B2
            Fecha de prioridad Enero 02 2018
            Huellas 02/02/2018
            hoy Marzo 27 recibo este email:

Recientemente se tom? acci?n procesal en su caso.

N?mero de Recibo: MSCxxxxxxxxxx

N?mero de Solicitud: I485 , SOLICITUD PARA REGISTRAR LA RESIDENCIA PERMANENTE O AJUSTAR DE ESTATUS

Estatus de su caso: Ex?menes y entrevistas

El 23 de Marzo de 2018, programamos su Formulario I485, SOLICITUD PARA REGISTRAR LA RESIDENCIA PERMANENTE O AJUSTAR DE ESTATUS, N?mero de Recibo MSCxxxxxxxxx, para una entrevista. Le enviaremos por correo una notificaci?n de entrevista. Por favor, siga las instrucciones que aparecen en este aviso. Si cambia de domicilio, visite www.uscis.gov/addresschange para notificarnos su nueva direcci?n postal.

Si el estatus de su caso indica que usted se encuentra actualmente en este paso, a usted se le ha concertado una entrevista o est? esperando su turno para que se le concierte una entrevista. El tiempo que su solicitud va a permanecer en este paso var?a de una oficina a otra y est? determinado en gran medida por el n?mero de casos que haya antes de usted. El aviso de entrevista contendr? la informaci?n espec?fica sobre la hora, el lugar y todo lo que usted deber? llevar a la entrevista. Si su solicitud sigue pendiente despu?s que ha pasado el tiempo normal de procesamiento (que se muestra m?s adelante), s?rvase comunicarse con nuestro centro nacional de servicio al cliente, llamando al 1-800-375-5283. Tenga en cuenta que no todas las solicitudes/solicitantes van a requerir una entrevista. En algunos casos, las regulaciones exigen que se haga una entrevista y en otros caso se lleva a cabo la entrevista porque el USCIS ha determinado que esa es la manera m?s eficaz para determinar si se cumplen los requisitos. Para la solicitud de naturalizaci?n, la entrevista incluir? que usted haga pruebas de ingl?s y/o de conocimientos c?vicos (a menos que est? exento o que no se le exija).
            veo en el foro que les esta pasando lo mismo a muchas personas

Comment

Employment-Based Interview Was Scheduled

I have the same situation:

My application is based on married to an american citizen
              PD 01/02/2018
              fingers print 02/02/2018
              today 03/28/2018 I got this on my email but my application is nor based on employment, also my case is being worked by National Benefits Center in Leee's Summit, MO 64002;How will i find processing time for that place?

this is the last update on site:

On March 23, 2018, we scheduled an interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxxxx. We will mail you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Comment

It's a fluke on the USCIS side. Watch for the notice in the mail, regular paper mail. That'll tell you all you need to do/know, and it will have the correct description of your AOS interview.

Comment

Thanks for your reply, it made me feel better!

Originally posted by kukumjacka View Post
                  It's a fluke on the USCIS side. Watch for the notice in the mail, regular paper mail. That'll tell you all you need to do/know, and it will have the correct description of your AOS interview.
                  I'm still waiting for the Paper Mail, got the email notification on March 26th, 2018 wonder when will I be getting the mail! :|

Comment

Marriage base

Same thing with me, I am totally sure we filled out forms correctly but online case status says employment base interview scheduled.

Comment

Hi All,

Same thing here. But did not care. My interview date is scheduled for Saturday, I was worried about that and called the USCIS customer service center. They assured me because of the workload, USCIS will be working on Saturday but still I dont feel comfortable. I checked here but no one else was scheduled for Saturday in Newark.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddyrozon View Post
                        I have the same situation:

My application is based on married to an american citizen
                        PD 01/02/2018
                        fingers print 02/02/2018
                        today 03/28/2018 I got this on my email but my application is nor based on employment, also my case is being worked by National Benefits Center in Leee's Summit, MO 64002;How will i find processing time for that place?

this is the last update on site:

On March 23, 2018, we scheduled an interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxxxx. We will mail you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

This article explains nicely what the National Benefits Center does. It used to be the Missouri Service Center. That's why receipts coming from there start with MSC. The article is in reference to employment-based AOS but the NBC also handles marriage based AOS.
                        "Behind the scenes, USCIS will transfer your pending I-485 from its current USCIS Service Center (either the Texas Service Center or Nebraska Service Center) to the National Benefits Center (NBC), a national clearinghouse that coordinates operations with the USCIS field offices. The NBC will organize your file and coordinate scheduling of an interview date and time with the USCIS field office nearest your residence. The NBC will mail you a notice informing you of the date, time and office address of your interview. After sending your appointment notice, the NBC will ship your file to the field office before your scheduled interview."

The alleged "glitch" likely sped up the process for you. Just take it and run. Congrats!

Comment

I'm still waiting for the Paper Mail, got the email notification on March 26th, 2018 wonder when will I be getting the mail! :|
                          I see that it's been a month.. When did you get the interview notice in the mail? I got an email on April 19th, 2018.. Still waiting..

Comment

Originally posted by Sarahkg View Post
                            I see that it's been a month.. When did you get the interview notice in the mail? I got an email on April 19th, 2018.. Still waiting..
                            Yes I?m in the same situation. Got the email on the same date and no letter yet

Comment

Originally posted by hokie_u2 View Post
                              Yes I?m in the same situation. Got the email on the same date and no letter yet
                              I got the letter after 10 days from the date I got the email. I hope you get the mail soon, if it?s been more than 14 days I would suggest you to call USCIS.

Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X