X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting for Green Card Interview post EAD card issuance

Originally posted by dude101 View Post
    Hi All,

Today at 3pm I have received text messages and emails informing me that both for myself and my wife I-765 has been approved and cards are being mailed. This is a great news because next week by it would have been 90 days since our biometrics.

There is no progress though on our I-485 and my wife?s advance parole application I-131.

What I am really confused though it?s a great news but how can I-765 be generated before our final green card interview? My case is employment based green card.

I feel very happy right now at least some progress have been made. Hope you all best of luck. Just keep praying and have lots of patience.

I had previously posted few times on this forum and my most relevant post is here.

My timeline
    06/14/2018 - 1-485 & I-765 received by USCIS both me and my wife. I-131 for my wife.
    06/27/2018 - Biometric notices received for July 9th, 2018
    06/28/2018 - Biometrics done by early walkin
    07/11/2018 - My I-485 & I-765 status updated as We reviewed your biometrics and are still processing your case but my wife's case is showing no status change
    10/04/2018 - EAD cards in production emails/text messages received for me and my wife
    So yesterday I updated my attorney with this new development and tried to clarify my confusion about receiving EAD card before green card interview. According to him this is just a temporary card till the interview happens. Once I get through that then the new one will be generated.

Also he said it?s taking 9-15 months to get an interview scheduled. I don?t get his this statement at all. Isn?t that dependent upon local application processing center? I have been following this forum very closely for past more than 1 year. I have seen folks timelines and they vary quite a bit. For example just today someone posted their June timeline for Charlotte, NC and their interview has been scheduled. Application processing timeline for Charlotte, NC is 7-15 months than how can the interview be scheduled in just around 3 months? Every time someone posts their good news of interview getting scheduled, I am checking their center?s timeline and it shows the same discrepancy almost every time. What I am trying to say is timelines on USCIS website don?t match to what is happening actually and interviews are getting scheduled sooner. This is actually really good.

At this stage I have 2 questions and I am hopeful to getting feedback on them:-

1. Does issuance of my EAD card demonstrates my background check has been completed?
    2. How long do you have to wait for green card interview after getting EAD card? I know this depends on regional processing center?s work load but still any feedback based on forum members experiences will be greatly useful.

Comment

• Thanks a lot. I feel bad now cause now all my posts suddenly showed up.

Originally posted by GA0019 View Post
      Lucpp . Mentioned you have h1b and you also applied for i485 . So in this situation if you are travelling, you can use your valid h1b status to re enter (with same employer) , if you use AP to reenter your h1B status will be automatically terminated .so if your valid h1 b to reenter and same employer , you wont have a problem.

............................................................ ...........................
      Not a legal advice but a opinion.
      - - - Updated - - -

Hi AK,

Thanks a lot. Hope everyone will get his/her EAD/AP soon.

Originally posted by a1k405996 View Post
      Hi Lucpp,

My case is similar to yours but i'm in no rush to travel at this moment and i did not even apply for my AP. I honestly believe that while your AP is still pending shella **** ** site mentioned its not recommended to travel, but if you have to then i think you might end up travelling on your current status and then comeback and may be reapply if you need AP. PLEASE CONTACT **** **.COM team, they are the best but comes with a price.

Regards
      AK

Comment

• Ead on hand

Hey guys.. i just got my ead in hand..as per tracking number it was suppose to get delivered on saturday.but the post guy knocked on door asking for me and handed to me 5 mins ago.. wohooo...

Comment

• Originally posted by cltcelt View Post
          I just received an update via e-mail/text that my interview has been scheduled. Waiting on confirmation letter now. Charlotte, NC Field Office. Hope everyone's case continues to progress smoothly.
          Congratulations, same time line, expecting interviews scheduled for June filers in a week or two. Most cases are currently being transferred to the field offices

Comment

• Originally posted by GA0019 View Post
            Hey guys.. i just got my ead in hand..as per tracking number it was suppose to get delivered on saturday.but the post guy knocked on door asking for me and handed to me 5 mins ago.. wohooo...

Choi!!!... Congrats congrats... So happy for you... Now u can work and earn... Awesome feeling... ☺

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Tom18 View Post
            Congratulations, same time line, expecting interviews scheduled for June filers in a week or two. Most cases are currently being transferred to the field offices
            Amen bro... I am really waiting

Comment

• Originally posted by dude101 View Post
              So yesterday I updated my attorney with this new development and tried to clarify my confusion about receiving EAD card before green card interview. According to him this is just a temporary card till the interview happens. Once I get through that then the new one will be generated.

Also he said it?s taking 9-15 months to get an interview scheduled. I don?t get his this statement at all. Isn?t that dependent upon local application processing center? I have been following this forum very closely for past more than 1 year. I have seen folks timelines and they vary quite a bit. For example just today someone posted their June timeline for Charlotte, NC and their interview has been scheduled. Application processing timeline for Charlotte, NC is 7-15 months than how can the interview be scheduled in just around 3 months? Every time someone posts their good news of interview getting scheduled, I am checking their center?s timeline and it shows the same discrepancy almost every time. What I am trying to say is timelines on USCIS website don?t match to what is happening actually and interviews are getting scheduled sooner. This is actually really good.

At this stage I have 2 questions and I am hopeful to getting feedback on them:-

1. Does issuance of my EAD card demonstrates my background check has been completed?
              2. How long do you have to wait for green card interview after getting EAD card? I know this depends on regional processing center?s work load but still any feedback based on forum members experiences will be greatly useful.
              The processing times are based on historical data. For example, 7 to 15 months really means that 50% of the cases were processed in 7 months (median) and 93% of the cases were processed in 15 months.

Issuance of your EAD does mean that your background checks cleared. They would not have issued it otherwise.

How soon your interview scheduled depends entire upon how quickly your field office is scheduling interviews. I was told by a reputable member that they select cases from the "Ready for interview" pool, and that they don't necessarily care to look at the priority date. In other words, I filed 03-16-18 and say you filed 06-23-18. My case has been ready to be scheduled for an interview since 04-23.-18 and yours since 07-23-18. They're both in the "Ready for interview" pool. They may select yours before mine. There's no rule that ensures that I will be interviewed before you will. It's a black hole. No one really knows how it works.

Comment

Hi guys,

Did anyone of you filed marriage based AOS from B2 visa? What's your timeline? Did you receive EAD yet?

How to expedite EAD? I am really keen to start working.
                Adjusting from B2 visa

07/09/2018 Sent AOS Package
                07/11/2018 Priority Date
                07/30/2018 Biometrics Done
                08/08/2018 Case status updated to "Interview Ready to be Scheduled"

USCIS Office: National Benefits Center (NBC)

Comment

• Originally posted by mari_elle View Post
                  Hi guys,

Did anyone of you filed marriage based AOS from B2 visa? What's your timeline? Did you receive EAD yet?

I filed marriage based aos from b2 visa.if you want to expedite you will need to call uscis to request for expedite .they will send you email asking for documents you need to send via fax or mail. Once u send it they respond within a week. 1 factor plays a role is wether your background check is completed or not . For them to expedite , your background check should be completed.most people have there background checks done within a month after biometric..call them and give it a try..good luck

Document sent 06/06/18
                  Recieved 06/10/18
                  06/15/18 PD
                  06/25/18 NOAs RECIEVED BY MAIL
                  06/25/18 biometric notice recieved
                  07/09/18 Biometric completed
                  07/19/18 case is ready to be scheduled for interview
                  10/01/18 EAD is being produced.
                  10/03/18 EAD mailed
                  10/05/18 EAD in hand.

Comment

I filed marriage based aos from b2 visa.if you want to expedite you will need to call uscis to request for expedite .they will send you email asking for documents you need to send via fax or mail. Once u send it they respond within a week. 1 factor plays a role is wether your background check is completed or not . For them to expedite , your background check should be completed.most people have there background checks done within a month after biometric..call them and give it a try..good luck

Document sent 06/06/18
                    Recieved 06/10/18
                    06/15/18 PD
                    06/25/18 NOAs RECIEVED BY MAIL
                    06/25/18 biometric notice recieved
                    07/09/18 Biometric completed
                    07/19/18 case is ready to be scheduled for interview
                    10/01/18 EAD is being produced.
                    10/03/18 EAD mailed
                    10/05/18 EAD in hand.
                    What did you expedite based on? Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by mari_elle View Post
                      Hi guys,

I filed AOS from B2... No EAD and no concrete update since..

If you find how to expedite kindly share with the house cos am keen on starting work... Tired of staying indoors.

Filing location: Phoenix, Arizona.
                      Concurrent Filing (Marriage based AOS).
                      I-485, I-130, I-130A, I-765, I-864 and I-693.
                      June 30: Documents sent.
                      July 2: Docs Received
                      July 2 Priority Date.
                      July 10: Received 3 NOAs via Texts&email
                      July 14: Received NOAs in the mailbox.
                      July 23: Biometrics appnt received for July 30th.
                      July 30: Biometrics Walk In.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArizonaStarsAndStripes View Post
                        What did you expedite based on? Thank you.
                        I did not expedite .
                        Mine is regular timeframe.

Comment

I filed AOS from B2... No EAD and no concrete update since..

If you find how to expedite kindly share with the house cos am keen on starting work... Tired of staying indoors.

Filing location: Phoenix, Arizona.
                          Concurrent Filing (Marriage based AOS).
                          I-485, I-130, I-130A, I-765, I-864 and I-693.
                          June 30: Documents sent.
                          July 2: Docs Received
                          July 2 Priority Date.
                          July 10: Received 3 NOAs via Texts&email
                          July 14: Received NOAs in the mailbox.
                          July 23: Biometrics appnt received for July 30th.
                          July 30: Biometrics Walk In.
                          Steps to expedite.

- Call the USCIS number and say that you are calling to expedite your I-765 + I-131 due to financial hardship. The level 1 rep will give you a confirmation number for each request. You must have 2 confirmation numbers by the end of the call. Unless you place an expedite request for both, you will not get your combo card. USCIS is being highly inefficient lately, and play games with people or are careless - if you place a request for the EAD only, they only approve the EAD. Well, that only adds to the backlog. It was the whole point of the combo card to approve both in one shot.

- The level 1 rep will tell you that you will get a response via mail with instructions on how to submit the evidence for your request to expedite. Now that is what is supposed to happen. Some people have gotten lucky and never had to wait for the letter, their EAD was approved the next day. Do not count on that.

- Ask the rep if the letter can be sent via email. They will take the email and make sure it's an easy email to spell because they're notorious for not taking it down correctly. Use the international alphabet S as in Sam, A as in APPLE. Etc..

- The second you finish the call, you will turn to your Senator. You want someone who is pro-legal immigration. You are playing by the rules, so it does not matter if the senator is republican or democrat as long as the senator is pro immigration. you will need to research their page.

- Find their privacy release form on their site. Fill that out and include a letter explaining briefly the situation. They like know that your spouse is a US citizen, registered voter, education/pedigree/profession and what you do, as well. You will start the letter with "To the Honorable Senator Jane Smith" and close it with "Very respectfully"

- Call the office to find out how they want you to proceed. Some accept the privacy release form scanned and attached to an email. Others do not. There are some who want you two to drop it off in person if it's a marriage based petition. Whatever they tell you to do, just do it.

- You will mostly be dealing with a caseworker. That person is usually an intern. Be polite to them.

Back to the expedite request, you will send them proof of your employment. See if you can get a letter that states that you are on unpaid leave until you are able to show proof of employment eligibility. They will keep your job until MM/DD/YY. That's really all you need from your employer. If you are not able to get that from your employer, then present email communications with your boss discussing your leave, etc. Alternatively, you can show a summary of your paystubs which should show pay periods without pay.
                          Then, if you have a bank account that has been depleting, then show that.

- Whatever you show USCIS you will show your senator. Of course, your senator will see the evidence before USCIS sees it. And that is fine.

When USCIS responds with the fax number you need, just send it to them. I would also mail the evidence, as you will not be able to confirm they received the fax. I've told people to mail it. They've done so, and it's worked.

This is all quite a bit of work but it can be the difference between waiting for the full 6 or 7 months for the EAD or not.

Bear in mind that the NBC will set aside processing of EADs for people who are in fast jurisdictions like Cleveland, OH. People in such jusrisdictions simply get to the interview first and never get the EAD.

Comment

• Thank you

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                            The processing times are based on historical data. For example, 7 to 15 months really means that 50% of the cases were processed in 7 months (median) and 93% of the cases were processed in 15 months.

Issuance of your EAD does mean that your background checks cleared. They would not have issued it otherwise.

How soon your interview scheduled depends entire upon how quickly your field office is scheduling interviews. I was told by a reputable member that they select cases from the "Ready for interview" pool, and that they don't necessarily care to look at the priority date. In other words, I filed 03-16-18 and say you filed 06-23-18. My case has been ready to be scheduled for an interview since 04-23.-18 and yours since 07-23-18. They're both in the "Ready for interview" pool. They may select yours before mine. There's no rule that ensures that I will be interviewed before you will. It's a black hole. No one really knows how it works.
                            Thank you for taking time out to write a very useful response. I really appreciate it a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                              Steps to expedite.

- Call the USCIS number and say that you are calling to expedite your I-765 + I-131 due to financial hardship. The level 1 rep will give you a confirmation number for each request. You must have 2 confirmation numbers by the end of the call. Unless you place an expedite request for both, you will not get your combo card. USCIS is being highly inefficient lately, and play games with people or are careless - if you place a request for the EAD only, they only approve the EAD. Well, that only adds to the backlog. It was the whole point of the combo card to approve both in one shot.

- The level 1 rep will tell you that you will get a response via mail with instructions on how to submit the evidence for your request to expedite. Now that is what is supposed to happen. Some people have gotten lucky and never had to wait for the letter, their EAD was approved the next day. Do not count on that.

- Ask the rep if the letter can be sent via email. They will take the email and make sure it's an easy email to spell because they're notorious for not taking it down correctly. Use the international alphabet S as in Sam, A as in APPLE. Etc..

- The second you finish the call, you will turn to your Senator. You want someone who is pro-legal immigration. You are playing by the rules, so it does not matter if the senator is republican or democrat as long as the senator is pro immigration. you will need to research their page.

- Find their privacy release form on their site. Fill that out and include a letter explaining briefly the situation. They like know that your spouse is a US citizen, registered voter, education/pedigree/profession and what you do, as well. You will start the letter with "To the Honorable Senator Jane Smith" and close it with "Very respectfully"

- Call the office to find out how they want you to proceed. Some accept the privacy release form scanned and attached to an email. Others do not. There are some who want you two to drop it off in person if it's a marriage based petition. Whatever they tell you to do, just do it.

- You will mostly be dealing with a caseworker. That person is usually an intern. Be polite to them.

Back to the expedite request, you will send them proof of your employment. See if you can get a letter that states that you are on unpaid leave until you are able to show proof of employment eligibility. They will keep your job until MM/DD/YY. That's really all you need from your employer. If you are not able to get that from your employer, then present email communications with your boss discussing your leave, etc. Alternatively, you can show a summary of your paystubs which should show pay periods without pay.
                              Then, if you have a bank account that has been depleting, then show that.

- Whatever you show USCIS you will show your senator. Of course, your senator will see the evidence before USCIS sees it. And that is fine.

When USCIS responds with the fax number you need, just send it to them. I would also mail the evidence, as you will not be able to confirm they received the fax. I've told people to mail it. They've done so, and it's worked.

This is all quite a bit of work but it can be the difference between waiting for the full 6 or 7 months for the EAD or not.

Bear in mind that the NBC will set aside processing of EADs for people who are in fast jurisdictions like Cleveland, OH. People in such jusrisdictions simply get to the interview first and never get the EAD.

Thanks for your input... Quite lengthy and enjoyable to read I must say. Thanks thanks... But the problem I have now is getting an employment letter. I came on B2 visa which we all know isnt F1... Cos I see most F1 holders have the ability to have employment letters cos they are allowed to work while schooling and all that.

The problem is how can I get another form of proof of hardship because all aforementioned by you I have none at all... Before I came here my job abroad in the middle east was nothing to write home about cos we weren't really paid correctly.

I guess I'd have to try and get an employment letter from an employer here... If am to call uscis do I call their general number or call my field offices number? Thank You.
                              Last edited by ArizonaStarsAndStripes; 10-08-2018, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your input... Quite lengthy and enjoyable to read I must say. Thanks thanks... But the problem I have now is getting an employment letter. I came on B2 visa which we all know isnt F1... Cos I see most F1 holders have the ability to have employment letters cos they are allowed to work while schooling and all that.

The problem is how can I get another form of proof of hardship because all aforementioned by you I have none at all... Before I came here my job abroad in the middle east was nothing to write home about cos we weren't really paid correctly.

I guess I'd have to try and get an employment letter from an employer here... If am to call uscis do I call their general number or call my field offices number? Thank You.
                                Yes, sorry. I didn't realize you were not F-1. The employment letter does not have to be an elaborate letter. It can just be an email offering you the job. The job also does not have to be a fancy job. ANY JOB will do. Some people have gotten lucky. They call to expedite based on financial hardship and they get the "New Card is being produced" status update shortly after. They never had to present evidence.

If you do not have an employment letter, you can try the financial hardship route. USCIS may or may not entertain it, but that does not matter. That's why you would enlist the help of your Senator right after placing the request to expedite.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X