No announcement yet.

September 2018 filers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What carrier did you use to send the response to the RFE? I was thinking about USPS 2-Day Priority but is there anything faster? I tried FedEx envelope but it tells me one of the zip codes is not in the serviced area (??). USPS 2-Day is still fine, one more day won?t break the camel?s back.
    RoC (I-751) Application, filed from Houston TX
    10/24/2021 - USPS delivered the package in AZ
    10/27/2021 - Text from USCIS with receipt number, check cashed. Assigned to the Texas Processing Center

INITIAL AOS from F-1, married to USC, filed in Seattle WA

09/24/2018 - Package delivered to PO Box (PD)
    10/22 - Early bio walk-in
    11/15 - New card is being produced (I-765)
    11/26 - EAD combo & SS card
    01/13/2020 - Interview
    01/23/2020 - Case Approved, Card Mailed.

Comment

• My response to the RFE was delivered this morning to their office in MO and signed for. I am now waiting for them to acknowledge the receipt so the cases will no longer be on hold.
      10/27/2021 - Text from USCIS with receipt number, check cashed. Assigned to the Texas Processing Center

01/13/2020 - Interview

Comment

• Originally posted by seattle2903 View Post
        My response to the RFE was delivered this morning to their office in MO and signed for. I am now waiting for them to acknowledge the receipt so the cases will no longer be on hold.
        See my timeline. You should get it by the end of the week
        C9 Spouse of USC
        NYC Filer
        04/13/18 - PD
        05/04/18 - Bio notice
        05/23/18 - Bio completed
        09/18/18 - RFIE mailed
        09/22/18 - RFIE Rcv'd
        10/09/18 - Responded to RFIE
        10/10/18 - USCIS Received RFIE
        10/12/18 - Text & email Update from dhs rcv'd response to RFIE
        10/12/18 - Submitted a SR form I-765
        10/25/18 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
        11/14/18 - Submitted 2nd SR for form I-765
        11/26/18 - NOA for I765
        11/30/18 - Rcv'd SS card
        12/06/18 - Rcv'd EAD

Comment

• A quick tip for those interested: your congressional liaison can require an electronic (PDF) copy of the RFE. I did not request it but because I contacted my Congressman in regards to the EAD expedite request, she kept in touch with USCIS and updates me weekly. Today she emailed me USCIS? update saying that they are awaiting my response to the RFE and attached a PDF of the RFE. My response was delivered today to their office so I guess they haven?t processed it yet.

Anyway, if you are expediting your EAD and want to skip waiting 7-10 days to get the RFE by mail, you can try contacting the Congressional liaison and see if they can get the PDF from USCIS.

01/13/2020 - Interview

Comment

A quick tip for those interested: your congressional liaison can require an electronic (PDF) copy of the RFE. I did not request it but because I contacted my Congressman in regards to the EAD expedite request, she kept in touch with USCIS and updates me weekly. Today she emailed me USCIS? update saying that they are awaiting my response to the RFE and attached a PDF of the RFE. My response was delivered today to their office so I guess they haven?t processed it yet.

Anyway, if you are expediting your EAD and want to skip waiting 7-10 days to get the RFE by mail, you can try contacting the Congressional liaison and see if they can get the PDF from USCIS.
            Yes, by signing that privacy release form, you are granting the congressperson's office access to your entire AOS process.

Comment

• Just got an update that USCIS received my response to the RFE.

01/13/2020 - Interview

Comment

• I don't know what else to do. My job start date in Nov 13, so next Tuesday and I obviously won't be able to start because my EAD is still not approved. I expedited almost a month ago, responded to their RFE and still nothing. I got my Congressman and the Senator involved. I also placed an inquiry with the Ombudsman. I emailed HR at my company and told them I won't be able to start next week, apologized and hope they will be willing to push my start date forward. Otherwise, I have to start the job hunt all over again.

Is there anything else I can do? My I-485 status updated yesterday to "We received your response to the RFE and will begin working on your case again".

01/13/2020 - Interview

Comment

I don't know what else to do. My job start date in Nov 13, so next Tuesday and I obviously won't be able to start because my EAD is still not approved. I expedited almost a month ago, responded to their RFE and still nothing. I got my Congressman and the Senator involved. I also placed an inquiry with the Ombudsman. I emailed HR at my company and told them I won't be able to start next week, apologized and hope they will be willing to push my start date forward. Otherwise, I have to start the job hunt all over again.

Is there anything else I can do? My I-485 status updated yesterday to "We received your response to the RFE and will begin working on your case again".
                  Remember that approval of the EAD/AP is entirely dependant upon the background checks. Those run on their own time and are finished when they are finished. You can't speed them up. No Senator/Congressman/Ombudsman can. You can ask either one of those 3 or ALL 3 IF the hold up is due to the background checks. They may be able to inquire how much longer it will take.

Your employer has 3 business days to fill out Section 2 of the I-9. If you start working on Monday, section 2 is due on Thursday. https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/co...nd-attestation

Bottom line is that you've done everything in your power to get your EAD/AP expedited. Beyond this point, it's out of your hands. So just hang in there.

Comment

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                    Remember that approval of the EAD/AP is entirely dependant upon the background checks. Those run on their own time and are finished when they are finished. You can't speed them up. No Senator/Congressman/Ombudsman can. You can ask either one of those 3 or ALL 3 IF the hold up is due to the background checks. They may be able to inquire how much longer it will take.

Your employer has 3 business days to fill out Section 2 of the I-9. If you start working on Monday, section 2 is due on Thursday. https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/co...nd-attestation

Bottom line is that you've done everything in your power to get your EAD/AP expedited. Beyond this point, it's out of your hands. So just hang in there.
                    Thanks. I will ask the Congressman?s liaison to inquire about the background check and what the holdup is. Will customer service reps be able to tell me over the phone if the background check has been cleared already or not?

01/13/2020 - Interview

Comment

Thanks. I will ask the Congressman?s liaison to inquire about the background check and what the holdup is. Will customer service reps be able to tell me over the phone if the background check has been cleared already or not?
                      Not level 1. A level 2 has access BUT not all are willing to pull up that info OR don't know how. When they did it for me, there was a lot of typing and clicking. They do use several systems to run checks. Thus, it makes sense they likely have to look at each one of those systems.

Comment

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                        Not level 1. A level 2 has access BUT not all are willing to pull up that info OR don't know how. When they did it for me, there was a lot of typing and clicking. They do use several systems to run checks. Thus, it makes sense they likely have to look at each one of those systems.
                        Alright, I will call tomorrow and hope for the best. I always had super nice and helpful reps whenever I called, except for a Tier 2 who did not even speak English. That is my last attempt, I do not know what else to do. I am just going to wait it out and hope it will not take months.

Just a wild idea: would it do any good to place another expedite request? This one was hindered by the RFE (to which I responded) so I am hoping they will somehow come back to see it. But my concern with a new expedited request is that another officer will be assigned, he will need the case file, which could probably actually cause more delays.

01/13/2020 - Interview

Comment

Alright, I will call tomorrow and hope for the best. I always had super nice and helpful reps whenever I called, except for a Tier 2 who did not even speak English. That is my last attempt, I do not know what else to do. I am just going to wait it out and hope it will not take months.

Just a wild idea: would it do any good to place another expedite request? This one was hindered by the RFE (to which I responded) so I am hoping they will somehow come back to see it. But my concern with a new expedited request is that another officer will be assigned, he will need the case file, which could probably actually cause more delays.
                          LOL, oh come on... I doubt that whoever answered the phone did not speak English. They likely just had an accent that prevented them from communicating effectively with you.

I don't know that placing an additional expedite request would do anything - whether it would speed things up or slow them down. At this point, I would keep in close contact with the Senator, Congressperson, and Ombudsman. Most background checks take a good 90 days from the date they take your biometrics.

Our PD is 03-16-18. Biometrics were taking 04-12-18. Background checks cleared on 06-28-18. Combo card was approved on 07-30-18. My husband has only lived in Malaysia and in the US since 08-2014. His first, middle, Last name combination is unique. So I would say that his background checks cleared as fast as they could clear.
                          Last edited by UScitizenFilingforspouse; 11-09-2018, 01:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nycfiler3 View Post
                            A two months process?!
                            what state?

Comment

• Anyone from Detroit?

I've seen people have shorter processing times. I submitted application I-130, I-131, I-485, I-796 09/18/18. Biometrics 10/31/18. How long would be wait be? The application is not updated on the website so thats not helpful. Thanks

Comment

• I emailed HR at my employer and let them know I still don?t have the EAD hence unable to start working on Tuesday. They pushed my start date to 11/26. I really hope I get the EAD by then.

01/13/2020 - Interview

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X