Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling after Advance Parole

Hello,
    I was on my OPT when I applied adjustment of status through marriage and I have been lawfully present all the time. Currently my interview is being scheduled and I have received my EAD with Advance Parole. Is there any problem in re entry after travelling to home country with or without USC spouse? And do I still have to get travel signatures from my school on I-20?
    Thank you!

Originally posted by steken View Post
    Hello,
    I was on my OPT when I applied adjustment of status through marriage and I have been lawfully present all the time. Currently my interview is being scheduled and I have received my EAD with Advance Parole. Is there any problem in re entry after travelling to home country with or without USC spouse? And do I still have to get travel signatures from my school on I-20?
    Thank you!
    There should be no problems on entry. You will not be entering on F1 visa, so travel signatures are not relevant.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Did you inform your school that you are AOS now?

I don't know much, but I think you can stay on OPT if you don't use the EAD/AP card. Once you use the card you should tell your school so they can properly close your file.
      Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
      Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
      Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
      ---
      All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Hello,
        Do I need to inform my school about change of my EAD now or after I re-enter on GC EAD?

Comment

Sorry, I don't know what is the correct way to do it.

If you haven't used the EAD, I will say that you inform your school as soon as you get back and supply a copy of the AP stamp for their records. They should tell you if they need anything else.
          Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
          Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
          Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
          ---
          All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X